Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The best warriors ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Author
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best warriors ever?
    Posted: 14-Mar-2006 at 00:59
Originally posted by kroglu

The best warriors ever? Your opinions....
Romans
Anfører
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 08:34

Maybe it's due to my nationality and race, but anyhow, I vote for Altaic People who have built the greatest empires ever like Kok Turks and the Mongol Empire... who have rulled over countries like China, Iran and much of Asia... who have conquered much of Europe.

I seem nationalist, huh?

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 09:04
spartan and early roman by far...

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 14:11
Spartans or Japanese. I am saying this assuming that you were talking about individual warriors, not as an army...

Join us.
Athanasios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Athanasios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2007 at 17:49
Romans were actually superior swordsmen...

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2007 at 04:17
Depends.Throughout history,there were nations who were better horsemen (Steppec people),better swordsmen (Samurai,Spartans,Early Romans) ,nations who had better discipline (Romans,Germans) etc.
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2007 at 01:38
With no doubt - the samurai warrior is the best warrior ever!

Just watch this and that.

LOLLOLLOL
LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 17:05
i think the Islamic warrior within the period of Muhammad saw until 19th century. The japanese also has many great warrior such as Miyamoto Mushashi
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2007 at 17:50
I'd say Spartans. They had to be seen as Warriors from child birth, and started a rigorous training at the age of 7 that was very brutal. There training often caused Death, and was seen as essencial to see comrades die in this training so that they'd have a small taste for battle. Their intiation was to kill a Helot without anyone seeing them, and that was supposed to make them men and finally allow them to join the Spartan Army. There probably will never be Warriors of their caliber again.
One more point to bring in favor of them, the word Spartan is now a term, it means some one thats brave and disaplined, or Spartan Conditions, which means everything is down to the essentials.

Spartans were the type to create myth and legend with their deeds. They are by far, in my opinion, the pinnacle of what it means to be Warrior.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829