Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 JULY 1944

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 JULY 1944
    Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 16:46
Originally posted by Thegeneral

Although

He followed orders. Had he not he would have been killed.

There have been a number of high ranking Wehrmacht officers opposing Hitler even before the outbreak of the war. For example, a General Hans Oster and fellow officers were plotting in 1938 against Hitler when Rommel was still admiring the Fuehrers politics.
If it was possible for them to see through Hitler's past and future crimes, and thus decided not to follow orders anymore, why couldn't Rommel, who was far closer to Hitler, come to the same conclusions?
Oster risked his life, and subsequently was executed for his resistance.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2005 at 16:52
Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Murtaza

Still a Turkish life is more precious than a greek life(for Turks)

And a greek life is more precious than a Turk(For greeks)

Though I fear that's the sad true, that's also the reason that both countries are like they are: hyper-militarized and hyper-ideologized of nationalism... a rather poor picture.

This is true for most democratic states too. To be democratic inside of country dont means to be ethic out side of country. It is something related with nationalism, to protect your nation, you can waste other lifes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12