Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish effect on Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish effect on Islam
    Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 05:58
Originally posted by azimuth

Originally posted by HulaguHan

Those (slave) dudes secured your country man.

they didnt has a choise did they?

No.THey didn't have a chice while capturing the throne in egypt either

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 06:34

also islamic spain survived untill the 16th century you dont know.

Yes...i remember the last king there...boabdil.remember what his mother told him in the end?He satrted crying when he lost everything and she said:

"Cry like a woman for the things that you were unable to keep like a man"

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 08:23

But it was Timur, who made several genocides to the Zaroastrians, it was Safavids who expanded Shiite Islam to Iran.

Timur actually killed Muslims and no He never killed anybody in Yazd and Kerman (centres of Zoroasterians in Iran)

20% of Iran was Muslim. One specalist of Timur, Prof. Dr. Ismail Aka , claims that 2 million Zaroastrians were slaughtered. Imagine their proportion.

Who said that ,actually majarity near all were muslim,And timur killed many Iranians, but they were muslims , and about number I don't know How he calculated this but actually it is a very big number killing 2 million muslims???!!!!just In iran I knew he was a wild animal but such Wild?!!!

In islamic caliphate, some of the slaves were the people who were working on governmental issues, but non muslim. So all non-muslim people were slaves.

No No No No, You again completely mixed Othman and Abbasid Chaliphate system.Every Ahl_e_ketab Christian Jewish and Zoroasterians and Saebians that were under Islamic country were considered as freemen.They must only pay Jaziyeh and they have no right to take part in any war or battle or carry arm.
Slaves were real slaves ,They were captured in Jihad with Infidals or they were bought from Muslim Turks and Pirates.Some times even Christians sold slaves to muslims.Some of them after accepting islam could achieve many post and some of them were used in military system.(Muslims can not enslave muslims and also can not enslave Non-muslims in islamic countries, but can keep a muslim slave,If a slave became Muslim ,he will not be free)
Othman system was different ,they used Dowshimeh system, It is a bit complicated and its better Tukish memeber speak about It.

The slaves Turks were the hired soldiers of Caliph Mutasim

No they were slaves that were trained and then received land or post,but they remained slave and their master even could sell them,but If usually they showed capability they would be free.

Azimuth, these Turkish soldiers were hired from Turkish lands. Like Byzantines hired the Varangians.

No No.holams were slaves ,Real slaves that accepted Islam and received military training and were attached to their master.

but calling them as slaves, sold in markets, is far from reality.

But it is true,Actually It is one of the most Ugly features of the islamic civilization.

Let me mention, in Islamic world, non-muslim government employes are "slaves". Abbasids, Iranian Samanids, and many other had "slave" soldiers.

Ottomans never let non muslims to enter any government areas, having their lesson carefully learned by Abbasid Caliphate...

Actually vice versa.othman used christian employees as "slaves",but these "slaves" were not as slaves in early period of Islam.It is dowshimeh system and It is a bit complicated.In abbasid Times Non-muslims in Islamic countreis could not be enslaved, but you can use slaves in any post.I'm sorry hulagu but because you don't know arabic or persian and couldn't read classical middle age stories of Islamic countries,You could not imagine condtions in Islamic countries.

Ottomans had no "slaves". They "converted " the new comings

They had.They had both traditional slaves and a special kind of "Slaves" that were different.(like jannisaries)

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 08:24

Originally posted by AZimuth

iran and what is now pakistan and afganistan and the areas around it was already under islamic controle before the turkish became powrfull state

Yes it is true.

Originally posted by Azimuth

also the egyptians who kicked the last turkish king 50 years ago.

their king was Albanian in orgin not turk.

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 08:25
Originally posted by Akyncy

Intersting.....I wonder which one is harder?Kidnapping a 9 year old boy or defeating an army in battle?

Actually except early periods of Islam , most of the turksih slaves were captured by Muslim Turks.(nobody dared to go to central Asia and kidnap a child or young man or woman).Qarakhanids were providers of majority of Turkish slaves for Islamic Countries.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 08:36

yes that is correct,so the work of arabs was much easier

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 08:49

Originally posted by HulaguHan said:

]
Iranian lands were mostly non muslim under Arabic rule. Islamic portion were a minority. For example Zeyarid Iranians were Zaroastrians

I recommend you don't rely on Iranian nationalist sites ,They are not more trustable than Turkish nationalist Sites.Zeyarids were muslims,Hanfi sect.They just wanted to revive Sassanaid Image and memory but they were Muslim and actually majority of Iran in Time of saljuqs were muslim.

If Turks did not became muslim and invade Iran and forced them to convert, I highly doubt if they would become mostly muslim

Before Saljuq Invasion majority of Iran population were muslim.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2005 at 15:08
Originally posted by Hushyar

20% of Iran was Muslim. One specalist of Timur, Prof. Dr. Ismail Aka , claims that 2 million Zaroastrians were slaughtered. Imagine their proportion.

Who said that ,actually majarity near all were muslim,And timur killed many Iranians, but they were muslims , and about number I don't know How he calculated this but actually it is a very big number killing 2 million muslims???!!!!just In iran I knew he was a wild animal but such Wild?!!!

NAh,he was artistic wild.He made pyramids out of heads.f he didn't like you,you could die but he never made such genocide

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 01:16
Originally posted by aknc

Intersting.....I wonder which one is harder?Kidnapping a 9 year old boy or defeating an army in battle?

defeating an army in battel off course,  

No.THey didn't have a chice while capturing the throne in egypt either

if you mean the Memluks, they took Egypt from the Ayyobids who were'nt Arabs in orgin.

also islamic spain survived untill the 16th century you dont know.

Yes...i remember the last king there...boabdil.remember what his mother told him in the end?He satrted crying when he lost everything and she said:

"Cry like a woman for the things that you were unable to keep like a man"

if she said that then she is right, although she also has to blam his father and grandfather too.

yes that is correct,so the work of arabs was much easier

what work? having slaves?

i know its not a hard thing to do and i didnt say that it is hard.

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 15:43

this post converted to ethnic struglle if we reach to this we must consider that (islam over all nationalisim)before my nationality i am a muslim then let us discuss in good weather all islam is great not only turks or arabs or persians or any other nation but together we can revival islamic empire

note to turkih iraqis tribes people fought with turks in southern iraq in WWI. jihad decleared in Najaf,Kadhmia

"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123