Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Azeris Turks?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Azeris Turks?
    Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 14:47
But aren't they Oghuz? I thought Oghuz was different from Turkmen...
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote TheodoreFelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 15:05

And about Caucasian Albania, I think even Azeris or Armenians are more related to original Caucasian Albanians than current nation of Albania...

No Im not talking about now days Albania. Very very few believe the theory that Albanians of today came from there. I wasnt even discussing that.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 15:23

Originally posted by Zagros Purya

But aren't they Oghuz? I thought Oghuz was different from Turkmen...

Yes, they are Oguz, just like the Turks of Turkey, Turks of Iran, Turks of Turkmenistan and all other Turkmens. Turkmen is the name given to Muslim Oguz people.

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 15:57

Can Uzbeks understand Turkmen perfectly?

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 16:50
In written form all turkic languages are understandable between them, you'll have to think a little for some words, but yes an Ozbek should be able to understand them (most turks,turkic's shouldnt have a problem also)

Sample text in Turkmen

Transliteration
Xemme adamlar z mertebesi ve xukuklary bjunča deṇ jagdajda dnj injrler. Olara aṇ xem vydan berlendir ve olar bir-birleri bilen doganlyk ruxundaky garajyda bolmalydyrlar.
Translation

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

I showed how simple a translation can be from between 2 dialects, take a look..

scroll to the bottom.. to see my post..
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3194&PN= 1&TPN=2

Edited by baracuda
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 02:31
Originally posted by Zagros Purya

Can Uzbeks understand Turkmen perfectly?

Not perfectly, but mostly. Uzbek and Uighur are closer to each other. Also Kazakh and Kyrgiz are more closer and harder to understand, but even we can understand some of it. Anatolian Turkish and Azeri are very close, like we perfectly understand each other, but our Turkish has a much more softer spelling than all other Turkic dialects.

Can you understand Tajik or Afghan perfectly?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 11:05

OK thanks. I thought Uzbek language was the closest to Turkish.

Tajiki is almost exactly the same as Persian but with a very different accent and Afghan Dari is almost the same too but with a less understandable accent. written down it is easy to understand.

Which Pashtuan and Kurdish languages, they sound very different but when written, if you have a little knowledge of etymology u can understand generally what they are saying but not every word, maybe 60%.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12