Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A brilliant strategy or despair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pampa14 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pampa14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A brilliant strategy or despair?
    Posted: 07-May-2016 at 08:51

During WW2 many air forces tested the concept of motherships carrying combat aircraft. I share with you a spectacular collection of images showing some of the most important projects involving this kind of concept. Agreeing with the title of this post, what do you think? Strategy or Despair? The article and the photos can be viewed by visiting the link below:

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/avioes-parasitas.html

Best Regards!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2016 at 17:18
I would say that neither strategy nor despair. They were just testing new ideas, thats all.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
historyandteaaddict View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote historyandteaaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2016 at 16:29
Do you mean that were these better or worse for the battlefield? Unfortunately, I am not an expert enough to know that...
"Veni, Vidi, Vici," - Julius Caesar
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2016 at 17:03
Neither better nor worse. When someone has an idea, a project of new weapon, need to test it first. Many new weapons are completely worthless, but without testing them nobody will ever know if they are useful or useless. Remember that when the tanks were invented many generals considered them as completely useless but they proved to be highly effective. Those machines from your article proved otherwise, but nobody could have known it before they were build.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
 Post Reply Post Reply