Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fully dressed and preserved 350-year-old corpse of

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fully dressed and preserved 350-year-old corpse of
    Posted: 04-Jun-2015 at 14:41
''Fully dressed and preserved 350-year-old corpse of French noblewoman found''

I'm not sure why but this doesn't sit well.

To many questions unanswered in the article. For example why were the remains in this chapel disturbed in the first place?

Were religious authorities in agreement? Where is re interment, after study, planned? Apparently the local authorities were compliant.

What specific knowledge can be gained from forensic examination, of these remains, reference this region and time period; that is, in all probability, not already known?

I presume nor assume nothing.

I am old supporter of archaeo's and their work..no doubt.. have assisted in digs myself as a surveyors assistant.

But I am also an extreme advocate for respectful treatment of the dead.

They have no voice when disturbed. No matter the scientific value that can be claimed.

Only the living can defend them.

As such this one doesn't sit well. If for no other reason than to research 'holy' ground disturbs me unless real and guaranteed respect is in evidence and reported.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/03/fully-dressed-and-preserved-350-year-old-corpse-of-french-noblewoman-found
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2015 at 06:26
Apparently the 14th Century convent where she was found (she was also dressed as a nun), is being converted into convention centre.
The body has been stripped naked, her clothes will be displayed and she will be reburied.

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/36859

Edited by Sidney - 06-Jun-2015 at 06:28
 Post Reply Post Reply