Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tv series:Genghis khan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cliveersknell View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cliveersknell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tv series:Genghis khan
    Posted: 05-Sep-2004 at 00:20
Hannibal
Need a further clarification. Is the role of Yesugai also played by Ba Sang?

r's
Clive
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2004 at 05:29

Originally posted by cliveersknell

Hannibal
Need a further clarification. Is the role of Yesugai also played by Ba Sang?

r's
Clive

a. Where were the scenes involving the Khwarizimians (Shah Mohammed's people) filmed?
   It's in inner Mongolia,most scenes were built there.

b. How did China assemble so many moslem actors ?
c. Where are the moslem actor from?

In fact,China is a multi-ethnic country, most moslem actors were from Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
d.Is the role of Yesugai also played by Ba Sang?
    Yes,it's Ba Sang

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
Eternal biggest enemy of Rome.
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote cliveersknell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2004 at 22:46
Thanks for the reply.
best regards
Clive
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote cliveersknell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2004 at 22:56
Hi Hannibal
My wife mentioned a small "snafu" with regard to CCCTV
broadcasting the Genghis Khan miniseries. This article appeared on the Sept.4.04 issue of SingTao Daily.
What happened was TV stations in Chengdu, Harbin and Wuhan
broadcasted a pirated and decapitated series of 20 episodes
instead of 28 episodes. I still don't understand the 28 episodes , because I have 10 dvd's with 3 episodes each, giving a total of 30 episodes.
Can you clarify the discrepancies?
By the way, Steve Seagal is planning to make a Genghis Khan movie with him playing Khan, he claimed last year
that shooting will begin March of this year in China, however, there was no activity noted. I did mentioned
to a friend of Steve, whom I met at Ulan Bataar last year,
to pay attention to the 30 episode series put out by China
in 2002.

r's
Clive
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2004 at 10:40

Hi Hannibal
My wife mentioned a small "snafu" with regard to CCCTV
broadcasting the Genghis Khan miniseries. This article appeared on the Sept.4.04 issue of SingTao Daily.
What happened was TV stations in Chengdu, Harbin and Wuhan
broadcasted a pirated and decapitated series of 20 episodes
instead of 28 episodes. I still don't understand the 28 episodes , because I have 10 dvd's with 3 episodes each, giving a total of 30 episodes.
Can you clarify the discrepancies?
By the way, Steve Seagal is planning to make a Genghis Khan movie with him playing Khan, he claimed last year
that shooting will begin March of this year in China, however, there was no activity noted. I did mentioned
to a friend of Steve, whom I met at Ulan Bataar last year,
to pay attention to the 30 episode series put out by China
in 2002.

r's
Clive

I googled the snafu ,perhaps it's a small company in Beijing who sold the 20 episodes miniseries to those local Tv stations. Maybe the case will be solved through legal proceedings.

Originally, the miniseries was 30 episodes, the miniseries which CCTV  broadcasting now is an abridged one for they are worrying about something ridiculous.

About Steve Seagal,according to the web news,he cancelled his plan for he encountered some difficulties.

Edited by hannibal
Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote cliveersknell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2004 at 23:25
Hi Hannibal
Thanks for ur reply. Steve would be totally out of place playing Genghis Khan. His withdrawal is a blessing.
Can you feel me in on more details about the upcoming kublai khan tv series?

thanks and brgds
Clive
hannibal View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote hannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 02:05

Hi Hannibal
Thanks for ur reply. Steve would be totally out of place playing Genghis Khan. His withdrawal is a blessing.
Can you feel me in on more details about the upcoming kublai khan tv series?

thanks and brgds
Clive

They have completed the story about kublai khan now,that's all I know about it.If I read the latest news about it,I will post the news here

Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 04:45
Originally posted by babyblue

Originally posted by nyan

Yeah I must say that I enjoyed watching this series,though they couldve done a better job with the action sequences.It includes most major battles fought until GKs death,except the Euro invasion.

Babyblue,I gathered ur from Sydney?Just goto ur local Chinese video store and ask 4 Jengis Khan by CCTV i guess most should have it in stock(think it comes in Mandarin only).Enjoy.

thank you Nyan...are you from sydney too?

by the way i found a set of this series in DVDs today when i was browsing through a shop in chinatown. i didn't buy it yet for i'm too busy with work now...so i can only watch it some god knows what other time...

Yeah matie im from south Sydney.

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 07:44

Originally posted by babyblue

Yeah I must say that I enjoyed watching this series,though they couldve done a better job with the action sequences.It includes most major battles fought until GKs death,except the Euro invasion.

Babyblue,I gathered ur from Sydney?Just goto ur local Chinese video store and ask 4 Jengis Khan by CCTV i guess most should have it in stock(think it comes in Mandarin only).Enjoy.

thank you Nyan...are you from sydney too?

by the way i found a set of this series in DVDs today when i was browsing through a shop in chinatown. i didn't buy it yet for i'm too busy with work now...so i can only watch it some god knows what other time...

Yeah matie im from south Sydney.

hmmm...where would that be? hurstville? carlton? rockdale?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 04:54

Great guess how did u know.Im from the "Chinese colonie" of Hurstville.Where r u from?

babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 07:53

Great guess how did u know.Im from the "Chinese colonie" of Hurstville.Where r u from?

hahaha...fair dinkum that was a good guess....

i'm currently living in sussex st though i'm moving out in about two months time...only reason why i wanna live there is 'cause it's close to work.

i might move to somewhere like ultimo or surry hills....dunno...depends

MengTzu View Drop Down
General
General

Retired Moderator

Quote MengTzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2004 at 18:14

Hey Berosus,

Don't forget that British/Chinese/something else Keanu Reeves played the role of Buddha in "Little Buddha."

Peace,

Michael

9-29-2004

Edited by MengTzu
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12