Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Unknown Live Language

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Unknown Live Language
    Posted: 23-May-2005 at 04:40

Persian site: http://www.chn.ir/shownews.asp?no=21200

It says in Darreh-Shahr region of Elam province in Iran, there are still some people of three villages who live in the caves like ancient cavemen, the ethnicity and language of these people are still unkown and no one knows how long they are living in this region, apparently their costume (especially about women) which is made with the skin of the hunted animals, has become a big problem for Mullahs, so they are being forced to leave their caves and live in the cities and villages!

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 11:12
 Damn, they've obviously been there for thousands of years.  Now they're forced to leave their home and lifestyle.  I don't know how I'd take that.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 19:48
What do they look like? I have read some nonsense on pro African sites that Elamites and other advanced pre IE Iranians were black.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 02:34
I don't know but I don't think that that they are black!
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2005 at 02:36

Picture please.

Do not believe in everything you read.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 04:49
There live blacks in Iran? How, when, where??
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 11:55

Picture please.

Do not believe in everything you read.

I have no picture but it is certainly reliable because the source is Iranian Cultural Heritage News Agency.

There live blacks in Iran? How, when, where??

African Villages in Iran

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 12:12
In Turkey you have the Kusky, the villagers can talk Turkish but they also communicate with kind of whistle they make.
OUT OF LIMIT
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 01:34
Just curious how many people in total we are talking about...

I'll assume that these natives have no pronounced religion - or is that incorrect?
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 03:08

Originally posted by Kenaney

In Turkey you have the Kusky, the villagers can talk Turkish but they also communicate with kind of whistle they make.

I know Turkish geography and history pretty well, but I never heard of the Kusky.  I'd appreciate it if you explain a little bit about them for me, thanks.

AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 07:24
I dont know if you watch this program on TRT called Gezelim Gorelim?  A while back they showed that village.  It was amazing, they could communicate by whistling not just simple instructions but also have conversations by whistling.  I cant remember exactly what province of Turkey but im sure it was the North East somewhere.  
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 07:40
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 20:20
Thanks, I'm going to look into this.
BirTane View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote BirTane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 05:37
In Greece there are villages that were using whistles for communicating...a complete language.....i didnt know it, i watched an english documentary few weeks ago. They used it for communicating between without the enemy understand them. I dont know if the new generations still use this "language"
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 06:12

Some pics of Darreh Shahr (Valley City) in Elam:

Ancient Elamite city of Madaktu

An ancient castle

Ancient Bridge of Gavmishan

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 11:42
that looks beautiful
the first photo reminded me of machu picchu
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
 Post Reply Post Reply