Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

USSR VS JAPAN ,what would happen in WWII

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shadow View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USSR VS JAPAN ,what would happen in WWII
    Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 15:22
I believe that the tiđe of war could be changed if USA wouldn't enter the war.in eastern front only USSR was standing in Japan's way,so which one of them were stronger?
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood". Otto Von Bismarck(believe it!)
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 22:06
Ultimately viz their containment of the Nazi's and their alliances..the Soviets.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2014 at 22:14
I think you need to study the Pacific theater a lot more.  The US didn't have a choice in entering the war.  The Japanese had a choice, strike North and west, or South and East.  The strike south faction won out and that meant eliminating the US Pacific fleet.  The attack on US territory sealed their fate.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 01:22
very insane war strategy Nazi's had had red:Beginner's&Looser's one from the very beginning!They
have started the war they lost!?!?USA's navy and aviation made a lot of support to Soviets for their
victories on dry land even if they had no direct contact.They weakened Japanese army with them.
Shadow View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2014 at 16:43
I know that what I want to know is a comparison between USSR's land army and Japan's land army because there wasn't much of a full scale conflict between them.
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood". Otto Von Bismarck(believe it!)
washere View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote washere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Oct-2014 at 23:07
After entry into the War US decided to focus on Germany which shocked stupid Hitler.

After VE, Victory in Europe, Stalin moved several armies to grab land and Sakhalins and influence even if many Russians died. Because he knew the war in the east, VJ, would be over soon as he had spies in the Manhattan project.

Stalin was a big reason why Japan didn't carry on longer. He took Manchuria from second rate Japanese armies there as their best was in Japan and the South islands in stalemate with the US waiting to kill millions if the mainland was invaded.

It was a rush for influence and land/power grab in the east for Stalin before the whole game was over soon as he knew before the Japanese and the US didn't know he knew either. Later on Mao screwed Stalin's successor Khrushchev too.

nathan713 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote nathan713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2015 at 03:05
Originally posted by Shadow

I know that what I want to know is a comparison between USSR's land army and Japan's land army because there wasn't much of a full scale conflict between them.

It's difficult to say depending on which time period (need to be more specific than just WWII... a lot of shits happened during that period), variables, but if you were to ignore everything else except just USSR and Japan... it would be USSR all the way probably. In Manchuria and Chinese mainland, USSR will wipe the floor against Japanese with little practical battle experience against modernized forces. Russians will emphasize the meaning of superior armor doctrine with superior armors (even for western standards) whereas Japs had little anti-tank weapons... even fewer arsenals that would effectively take out Russian medium/heavy tanks like T-34 and KV-1. Russians would enjoy numerical superiority, and their rapid-firing, short-ranged submachineguns and semi-automatic rifles would haunt Japs' WWI-era bolt-action rifles. (Type 100 did exist but unlike in real life, there were preciously few Type100 submachinegun compared to COD5). The Japanese will make Russians pay for every land they grab but as demonstrated in Eastern Front, that won't slow down Russians so much. Trans-Siberian railway would ensure that moving all Russian troops to the Far East would be feasible given enough time, but if I was a Japanese commander I'd exploit this like Chinese gold farmers ;)

The real issue is what happens after China and Korea falls. Can Russians defeat the Japanese Imperial Navy and make a touchdown on Japanese soil? Unlike Japs' crappy army, their navy was formidable. Modernized and was nearly second to none until Americans went batshit with their naval program.... we may have Operation SeaLion scenario again. Soviet air army wasn't much to brag about until they modernized and received costly battle experience against Germans. In a long run, I feel Russians will cross the Sea of Japan eventually as Japs won't be able to crunch out fighters and pilots like the Anglo-Americans did. Once Russians can convoy to Japanese heartland, it's game over. 

It's overly simplistic view, but it's mine. Screw you guys, I'm going home. 
Andrew Roosevelt View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Andrew Roosevelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2015 at 05:53
Originally posted by washere

After entry into the War US decided to focus on Germany which shocked stupid Hitler.

After VE, Victory in Europe, Stalin moved several armies to grab land and Sakhalins and influence even if many Russians died. Because he knew the war in the east, VJ, would be over soon as he had spies in the Manhattan project.

Stalin was a big reason why Japan didn't carry on longer. He took Manchuria from second rate Japanese armies there as their best was in Japan and the South islands in stalemate with the US waiting to kill millions if the mainland was invaded.

It was a rush for influence and land/power grab in the east for Stalin before the whole game was over soon as he knew before the Japanese and the US didn't know he knew either. Later on Mao screwed Stalin's successor Khrushchev too.

To speak frankly I almost completely agree with you. For Stalin it was an easier war once the Germans were beaten back, the road towards world domination was already visible for Stalin (as clearly highlighted by his actions (demands) in Tehran Conference in 1943)

Besides the Japanese already know they cannot crack open the North and that is why they decided to opt for South ward expansion (Adding Singapore and philippines for Rubber and Oil) were they found the US Pacific fleet standing in their way and thus the World War II took a sudden turn (a fortunate turn for democrats and freedom lovers) and enabled US to take an active role.
I am not a Business Acumen expert, I just share what little I know.
 Post Reply Post Reply