Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

God was to be man’s slave. How did the reverse hap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gnostic Bishop View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gnostic Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: God was to be man’s slave. How did the reverse hap
    Posted: 03-Jul-2014 at 18:07
God was to be man’s slave. How did the reverse happen?

Early man created both philosophy and theology to serve mankind. Philosophy was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through a political system that was headed by man. Theology was to seek the best rules to live by and implement them through religion headed by an absentee God. Both were created to be slaved to man.

Jesus preached that holy things were created to serve man as well. The Sabbath was created for man and not man for the Sabbath. That is why he showed that we can work on the Sabbath and ignore the manmade law.

The religious manmade creations then, --- including God, --- are to be slaved to man. That works well with logic and reason as the strong are to serve the weak and not the weak serve the strong.

So how did God, who was to be a slave to man, --- become man’s master?

Now I know that most will say that God is supposed to be our master, --- but please note, --- that man has created government to serve us. Not to make slaves of us. We control governments. They do not control us. To have us control our political entity is normal and just.

As above so below says that God is also to come under man’s control. We created God just as we created governments.

That is what Jesus taught.
He even moved God aside and became our judge. We are now to answer to men and not some absentee man created God.

Are you ready to seek God as Jesus says we must? Are you willing to be a master to God, and like Jesus, take control of the judging powers of God?

When you can say that your God is I am, the Gnostic Christian way --- and mean you, --- then you will begin to know God.

Regards
DL

To know who and where Jesus thought God was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

To find I am in you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

General Gnostic beliefs.
http://www.thesongofgod.com/tgc/basic_beliefs.html

Edited by Gnostic Bishop - 03-Jul-2014 at 18:10
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2014 at 18:20
Neither of those plans worked out, did they?  Disapprove
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2014 at 18:57
Religion, in my opinion, is based on superstition, and by its very nature superstition is anything but under the full control of man. In fact one could argue that man is more likely to be under the control of religion/ God when under its influence. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2014 at 08:43
Ah yes, the inner light.  GB, you are very close to "preaching",  which isn't allowed here.  Please restrict your postings to subjects that can be discussed by anyone, without the preachy overtones.

Please be aware that our members come from many different religeons, and many are agnostic.  Some will find your postings offensive.

Edited by red clay - 04-Jul-2014 at 08:45
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Quote Gnostic Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2014 at 12:11
I will do my best.

Regards
DL
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2014 at 00:14
The problem is that they have reversed it from man/below "serving"/"made in image of" God/above/nature to God/above/nature serving man/below/mammon. I.e. Money/business was made to serve us, not us made to serve business/corporates/capitalists/consumerists. Jesus said we can not serve both God and Mammon. Goverment is supposed to serve the common interest of the whole but they are today serving the corporate interests (eg "smart/advanced meters" so the business companies can know/sell our private consumer/behaviour info).
Our creation is evidence of a higher Creator.

Jesus didn't nullify the sabbath. What he meant is that there is a perfect law/spirit of the law and an imperfect law/letter of the law. We being humans and sinners are unable to perfectly know/interpret/institute the law, so there are man made extremes and legalism not perfect delicate balance.

It is true that we are not just supposed to be robots "serving God" but we are made to enjoy and experience creation and to create, and have choices. "When i run i feel God's pleasure" - chariots of fire.
Janissary
Janissary
suspended

Quote Gnostic Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2014 at 12:37
God's pleasure is his pleasure. Not God's.

That or that runner took his spirituality where Jesus says to and where you will not it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

"Our creation is evidence of a higher Creator."

You know better so why lie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nHw0_Fos&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytaf30wuLbQ

Regards
DL
 Post Reply Post Reply