Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Roman Republic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rooz View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rooz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roman Republic
    Posted: 13-May-2014 at 07:41
Hai,

I have to write an essay where I discuss the impact of warfare/expansion on the political system during the Roman Republic.
I have found information from for example Hopkins, who discusses slavery. I wonder what other people/subjects are important to include in my discussion?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Greetings,
Rooz.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 08:11
The most important is the impact of wars and expansion on the backbone of the Roman Republican Army, the average citizens, who were usually farmers. While their social situation worsened, the Roman elite became more wealthy and here was one major reason for the later social troubles, which led to the end of the republic. With the reforms of marius Rome got a new problem, the veterans benefits. Here some rich could create a reservoir for clientes. The last major point is the situation of the socii, who became more important for the Roman warfare and therefore asked for emanzipation and participation.
 Post Reply Post Reply