Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jewish historian says: The lesson of history is...

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Do you agree with claim made by this Jewish historian, David Solomon?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [100.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Domen View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Domen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jewish historian says: The lesson of history is...
    Posted: 18-Feb-2014 at 13:31
Here is what a modern Jewish historian - David Solomon - said about Jews and Germany during one of his lectures:

"(...) The Shoah is not an isolated event. The project to exterminate the Jews of Germany happens here [pointing at the timeline of history], and here, and here, and here, and here, and here. And so people say - so why did Jews keep going back to Germany? Why did Jews keep going back? And I say - look at your own generation. Only half a century after the Holocaust, and what is the largest growing Jewish community in the world outside of Israel? It's Germany. And yet surely the lesson of this entire wall [pointing at the timeline of history] is that Jews should not be living in Germany. We hope and we pray... in the end of the day, in hundreds of years from now, I'm hoping that... well, if I'm starting to explain that more I'm gonna get further and further into problem, so I'm gonna stop, let's go back to history (...)"

Here is the lecture in question (and the excerpt I quoted above starts at 0:55:50 and ends at 0:57:10 of the video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlM2a2tsOM#t=3350
 Post Reply Post Reply