Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Irish are Really the Sons of Mil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
mojobadshah View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Irish are Really the Sons of Mil
    Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 07:34
Originally posted by beorna

Originally posted by mojobadshah

Haven't you seen the King Arthur movie where he's a Sarmation? Also might be worth reading "From Scythia to Camelot."  And Celtic god Lugh's weapon is a fiery spear from Persia.

I saw the movie. But that what it is, a movie. It is based on a roman commander Lucius Artorius Castus, chief of a sarmatian unit of the Roman army in the late 2nd century. The Artus of the saga mainly fought against the saxons, which was 200 years later. But that's what I said above. The mythical Artus can be a conglomerate of several persons.

Also, the House of Anjou were incorporated into the Grail legend of Parzival as the lineage of Fisher Kings known as Gahumert, Gandin, Percival and his brother Feirefiz.  Gahmuert was a corruption of the name Gayomaretan, the first mortal in Zoroastrianism.

Wolfram of Eschenbach probably invented these story in the late 12th or early 13th century, in its first part based on the Parzival of Chretien de Troyes. But the oriental journey is as it seems an invention of Eschenbach. There are a lot of stories, lots of myths, e.g. that the merovingians are descendents of Jesus via Maria Magdalena. Well, a lot of fiction and phantasy.

Percival was based on the Persian Barzu-nama "Book of Knights.  Lancelot comes from Alan of Lot.  He had Alanic or Scythian ancestry.

we're talking about Scythian culture among the Celts and there appears to have been a significant amount.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 09:56
What shall I say? Any serious scientist who is supporting this?
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 10:27

Unless you have a problem with the authors of "From Scythia to Camelot", yes.

beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 10:43

I meant historians and archaeologists or linguists. But of course Littleton is a anthropologist and PhD, but when i see, that he dealt in his later years with Ufos and occult things, then I am not sure. Malcor is a supporter of the Artorius Casticus-theory.
I spoke about it above. Parts of the mythical Artus may be from these Artorius Casticus. But this excludes the reported fights against the saxons. These Artus is a late fifth or early sixth century person, not one of the 2nd. And we have to keep in mind, that geoffrey of monmouth wrote in the 12th century, so 1000 years after Casticus and 700 years after the saxon invasion. His Artus legend is not necessarily just based on one story and stories like the grail are not based on him, but on Chretien de troyes or Eschenbach.. It may be influenced by christian mythical legends, but as well by legends from the orient or persia.We have to keep in mind, that this was as well the era of crusades and the grail was a famous theme in those days.
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 11:00

I meant historians and archaeologists or linguists. But of course Littleton is a anthropologist and PhD, but when i see, that he dealt in his later years with Ufos and occult things, then I am not sure. Malcor is a supporter of the Artorius Casticus-theory.
I spoke about it above. Parts of the mythical Artus may be from these Artorius Casticus. But this excludes the reported fights against the saxons. These Artus is a late fifth or early sixth century person, not one of the 2nd. And we have to keep in mind, that geoffrey of monmouth wrote in the 12th century, so 1000 years after Casticus and 700 years after the saxon invasion. His Artus legend is not necessarily just based on one story and stories like the grail are not based on him, but on Chretien de troyes or Eschenbach.. It may be influenced by christian mythical legends, but as well by legends from the orient or persia.We have to keep in mind, that this was as well the era of crusades and the grail was a famous theme in those days.

I'm no expert linguist but his thesis does appear to check out linguistically.  The name Alan comes from the Alans who were Scythians.  
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 11:06
The  Arthurian lore is related to the Nart Sagas of the Ossetians who are descendants of the Alans.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 11:16

I'm no expert linguist but his thesis does appear to check out linguistically.  The name Alan comes from the Alans who were Scythians.  

The Alans weren't Scythians, maybe Sarmatians. What they were is an indo-iranian ethnos. Some groups went to gaul and settled there. That is correct. But that's all.
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Quote beorna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2014 at 11:19

The  Arthurian lore is related to the Nart Sagas of the Ossetians who are descendants of the Alans.

I don't know the nart sagas. But Arthur is first of all a romano-celtic king. One should search first in the near, then maybe in the distance.
CedricEmrys View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CedricEmrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2018 at 12:13
The people who call themselves the “Irish” but they are not actually “Irish”, the true irish are actually the modern Scottish people. The Scotti people originally inhabited Eirelann, and then raided the Pictland(Scotland), the Scotti were very war-like. Since the Romans never invaded Eirelann they were pretty much still the same as the ancient celts of Britain before the Romans came.  The Britons(Romanized British celts) were slightly more “civilized” although still fierce, they were also christian by that time and the Scotti, who were not, relished batte. So after long explaination of why the Scotti were war-like, they invaded the Cymry a lot, never taking them over. They invaded Pictland, settled, called it Scotsland, and stayed there. The scotti in Eirelann were subject to the same Saxon raids as the Britons and then became a mixed culture who called them self the Irish. Later in history they Danes infiltrated Ireland while the O’Neills were trying to quell rebellions while they were the High Kings of all of Ireland. 

The Basque were a settlement of Celtic people, unlike the Celtiberians who mixed with the native inhabitants of spain, they stayed apart and their Celtic culture morphed into the Basques we know today. 

Long story short, the original Celts or Eirelann came from Britanny, not Basque country
Buaidh no bàs
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2019 at 16:36
Where does the legend of Scotia, the Egyptian princess, fit into this?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2019 at 06:07

Scot(i)a is apparently in the Milesian line. Not sure where she comes from. Skadi? Clito? Scathach? Hatshepsut? Yseut? (Iscuit "shield/shoulder"?) Or it might only be a medieval fabrication eponym of the Scots since Scot(i)a doesn't appear by that name before 12th century? Or an anthropomorphisation of scoithin "little flower"?

There have been more than one waves of immigrants/invaders/settlers in Irish history according to their traditions.

Nin mac Piel ... or sometime between 2368 & 2068?
Bith & Birren, Cesara 2957 or ... bc
Partholons son of Sera (Hebrew/Greek) 2679 or 2068-2018 & 1988-1738
Fomorians (maritime/"Phoenician") unknown when came, 1738? 1708-1492
Nemedians (related/Scythian) 2349 or 1708-1492
Fir Bolg (maritime/Nemedian/Greek/Thracian/servile) 1934-1897 or 1514-1477 or 1492-1456
Fir Domnan
Fir Gailioin
Tuatha de Danaan (sea/sky/Greek/Athenian/Scandinavian/Scots/gods) 1897-1700 or 1477-1287 or 1456/1213-1016
Milesians/Gaelic, Crimson/Red Branch (Egyptian/Thracian/Scyths/Spanish/Miletus/Magog) 1700/1698-1031 or 1287-794 or 1076-1016-569 bc
Milesian (Jewish/Egyptian) 585-569 bc - ad 76/80-513-843-879
Goidelic 76/80-448/458?
"Dravidians" (7th group of invaders in some).

(and later Normans, Vikings, English). The order of ones before the last couple/few is different in different sources, but the dates are in order (though two or three different dates systems may confuse).
British also has Plant Llyr and Plant Don.
I think Irish have at least two or more traces of these, many might be Milesian but some might be Danaan or other, and some might be mixed. There are seemingly different types in the Irish population. Possibly the 4/5 provinces/kingdoms each match a different group?
There must be some Atlantean blood from visitors from Atlantis (South America), and one of the 7 invasions might be Atlanteans.
Iber & Celtus the 2 sons of Hercules.
Irish is Indo-European. P-Celtic and Q-Celtic may be different waves. The homeland of the Indoeuropean family is not certain.
Iberians and Basques and Greeks and Egyptians and Indo are all Mediterranean.

"1 Hunters (1)
2 Farmers (2)
3 Siberian." (3)

"1 Neolithic/Mediterranean (Sergi) (2)
2 Alpine (Ripley) (3)
3 Nordic." (4)

Not sure which of the 72 nations of Genesis 10 the Irish might match or be from, but they seem to probably be Japhethite. Once i thought the 7 Japhethite names seemed to match the 7 Irish invasions. Although i no longer think they do match there might still be a match of one or some.

Noah - Nuada/Nudd? Nemed? 0
|
Japheth/Diphath - Dagda? Dis Pater? Jobath?
|-- Gomer - Fomors? Fir Domnan? Tea-mur? 1
| |- Ashkenaz - Angus? Sera?
| |- Riphath/Diphath - Partholons? Dis Pater? Bith? 1/2
| '- Togarmah - Armenon? Fir Domnan? Tea-mur? Dobar? Ogma? 1/3
|- Magog/Gog - MacOc? Mabon? Ogma? FirGaileon? Fir-Bolg? Scot? 2
|- Madai - Mide? Nemed? 3
|-- Javan/Juuin
| |- Elishah - Eri/Irish? Milesius? Liethali? Leinster?
| |- Tarshish - Tara?
| |- Kittim - Celts? British? Cruithne?
| '- Dodanim - Druids? Tuatha de Danaan? "Dravidians"? 4/7
|- Tubal - Hebrei? Turones? Buile? Ulaid? FirBolg? Partholon? Tuatha? 5
|- Meshech - Milesian? Meath? 6
'- Tiras - Irish? Tara? Irial? "Dravidian"? 7

( www.irishtype3dna.org .)

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 11-Apr-2019 at 04:02
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2019 at 13:49
Scotia was supposed to leave Egypt at the end of the "Old Kingdom" with a large group of followers. They were escaping the drought that existed for 20 plus years.

This was considered just a myth, until 2 Egyptian ships of the right era,  were found in the mud of the upper Thames.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2019 at 03:01

That is interesting, and combined with other evidence like blue faience beads found in vicinity of Stonehenge, etc it leaves little doubt that there were contacts between Egypt and British isles in ancient times. But there would need to be more research in Egyptian records/remains and/or British/Irish records/remains to prove who/when the contacts were. Likewise need more evidence of who or where Scot(i)a comes from. The ships might or might not be connected with the Scot(i)a story/tradition, and Scot(i)a might or might not have be one of the persons involved with the event/story. The ships by themselves don't answer that. Not sure if i myself might be able to find more evidence on this but it is intriguing to know. End of the Old Kingdom would be time of exodus (Moses 6th & 12th dynasty). Drought might be connected with Joseph (3rd-4th dynasty) or other later one.

Wonder if the name is connected with the Hyksos "shepherd kings"? Some connect Scots with Scythians whose name is considered to be from sku "shepherd". The name Scot is suggested by some to be from ysgthru "to cut" with reference to tatooing.

List of Egyptian women/females:
Auka, Naunet, Mut, Neith, Iusas, Rat, Tanit, Tefnut, Nut, Isis, Unt, Wosret, Aso, Nephthys, Maat, Hathor, Sekhmet/Sekhet? Bastet, Selket, Taweret/Reret, Nebti "two ladies", Wadjet, Nekhebet, lady Ash/Ashnini/Ha (0), Merneith (1), Rasha (3), Sennebti/Djeseretnebti (3)? Nofret/Nefert (3), Dalukah, Hetephires (4), Rhodopis/Rudidet (4th/5th), Ankhesenpepi (6), Nitocris (6), Hatshepsut/Amensis (12), Sit-hathor-yunet (12), Mereret (12), Hetepi (12), Sebeknofru (12), Tetisheri (18), Tanethap, Aahotep, Nefertari, Hatshepsut (18), Eti/Ari (Punt), Giluhepa, Tuya (18), Tiye (18), Taduhepa, Akhenaten (gender originally doubted, 18), Baalat-nese "mistress of lions" (Amarna), Nefertiti (18), Kiya (18), Neferneferuaten (18), KV 55 (18), Merytaten (18), Smenkhkare (gender allegedly doubted, 18), Mutnodjme, Bint-Anat (19), Sutailja/Shoteraja (19), Tewosret/Thuoris (19), Valley of Queens, Arsinoe (33), Berenice (33), Cleopatra 7 (33), Sara "daughter of Jesus", Hypatia, St Catherine.

NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2019 at 05:40

wouldn't let me edit post.

Red Clay: can you give anymore details on the 2 boats, and/or on Scot(i)a story details?
Are the boats these Ferriby boats in this article https://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/10/world/edward-wright-who-unearthed-ancient-boats-on-england-s-coast-dies-at-82.html ? Just finding difficult to find more in search without more details or names.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2019 at 12:05
I'll see if I can find the article I read 2 years ago.
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2019 at 12:35
Her name was Scota, I just googled and found much info. Most of it is controversial.
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2019 at 22:03

Was the article one of these which i found in my files? (I did google too but only for the boats which i was more interested in.)

A pseudo-Biblical account of the origin of the Gaels as the descendants of the Scythian prince Fénius Farsaid, 1 of 71 chieftains who build Nimrod's Tower (ie the Tower of Babel). His grandson Gaedel Glas "cuts" the Irish tongue from the original 72 languages that arose at the time of the dispersal of the nations. In this book the Gaels undergo a series of trials and tribulations that are clearly modelled on those with which the Israelites are tried in the first five or six books of the Old Testament. Gaedel Glas is married to Scota, the daughter of Pharaoh of Egypt. .... There a man called Bregan builds a tower and the city of Braganza. From the top of the tower his son Íth glimpses Ireland.

Lorraine Evans in her compelling book, Kingdom of the Ark, reveals
archaeological connections between Egypt and Ireland. Evans argues
that the connections between the two distant lands were plausible
and there is archaeological evidence to support the theory. In 1937
in North Ferriby, Yorkshire, the remains of an ancient boat were
discovered. While thought to be a Viking longship at first,
continued excavation produced additional ships, wrecked in a storm.
Further investigation showed that the boats were much older than
Viking ships and were of a type found in the Mediterranean. It was
concluded that these boats originated from 2000 years before the
Viking age and were radiocarbon dated to around 1400 to 1350 BC.
Evans then makes connections to argue that these boats could
originate from Egypt, as the timeframe fits the dating of the
faience beads. While investigating the origins of the people of
Scotland in the Bower manuscript, the Scotichronicon, she discovers
the story of Scota, the Egyptian princess and daughter of a pharaoh
who fled from Egypt with her husband Gaythelos with a large
following of people who arrive in a fleet of ships. They settled in
Scotland for a while amongst the natives, until they were forced to
leave and landed in Ireland, where they formed the Scotti, and their
kings became the high kings of Ireland. In later centuries, they
returned to Scotland, defeating the Picts, and giving Scotland its
name.

Evans then posits the questions: Was the Tara necklace a gift from
the Egyptians to a local chieftain after their arrival? Or was the
Tara prince actually Egyptian himself? According to Bower's
manuscript, Scota's descendants were the high kings of Ireland. In
her quest to discover the true identity of `Scota,' as it was not an
Egyptian name, she finds within Bower's manuscript that Scota's
father is actually named as being Achencres, a Greek version of an
Egyptian name. In the work of Manetho, an Egyptian priest, Evans
discovers the translation of the name—the pharaoh Achencres was none
other than Akhenaten, who reigned in the correct timeframe of 1350
BC. Evans believes that Scota was Meritaten, eldest daughter of
Akhenaten and Nefertiti. The third eldest daughter, Ankhesenpaaten,
married her half-brother, King Tutankhamun, son of Akhenaten and his
secondary wife, Kiya. The controversial religious shift to the god
Aten caused conflict with the Amun priesthood, who reasserted their
authority after Akhenaten's reign ended and he disappeared from
history. This conflict and the rumored deaths by plague would have
been sufficient motivation for the pharaoh's eldest daughter to
accept a foreign prince in marriage, rather than being Tut's wife as
would have been normal protocol, and to flee from the conflicted
country.

In the Annals of the Four Masters, dating to 1632-36, Scota's
husband is named Eremon, and it is Eremon and Eber who divide the
land of Ireland between them, with Eremon in the north and Eber in
the south. What is interesting to me about this version is the
similarity between the division of Ireland and the division of Egypt
itself. Egypt was divided into Upper and Lower Egypt, unified by a
central connecting city, Memphis. If we consider the existing myths
of Ireland's legends, it, too, was divided to have a central site of
unity, known as Mide, the omphalos of Ireland. Within Mide is where
the Hill of Tara is situated, as a site of the High Kingship,
representing the unity of the land and all of its people.

Sadly, it is in the battle for Ireland at Slieve Mish, as recorded
in the Lebor Gabala, that Scota meets a tragic end and is killed.
After her death in this battle, the war continued on at Tailtinn
against the three kings of the Tuatha de Danaan, the husbands of the
Goddesses Banba, Fodla, and Eriu: MacCuill, MacCeacht, and
MacGreine. The sons of Mil, after prolonged battle, conquered the de
Danaans and took the seat of Tara. According to the Bower
manuscript, Scota was buried "between Sliab Mis and the sea," and
her grave, Fert Scota, is found in a glen located in Glenscota.

The name Scota/Scotia/Scotland/Scots/Scottish/Scotch/Scott (Ysgotiaid?) might be from either:
Cothraige (Cashel)
Votadini/Gododin/Gustodin (compare Godalente, Godeu, Godebog)
Attacotti
Lady of Astolat/Shallot
Iseut/Yseut (Tristan, Snowdon/Windsor)
scoithin "little flower"
ysgwydwyn "white shield" (ysgodogion?)
iscuit/iscuid "shield/shoulder(s)" (ysgotiaid?)
ysgodion "inhabitants of the shades/coverts" (ysgodogion?)
Ysgotiaid or Ysgodogion "wilds" or "unsettled residences" or "hunting" or "tending flocks"?
Kit's Coty house (some sources say the coty is coit "wood")
Scathach "shadowy one" (war goddess, Dissethach, Skye)
ysgthru "to cut (tatoo)", scothaim "tattooed (warrior)"
Constantine/Custennyn/Celestine
Polin Esgob?
Octa (Jute, Kent)
Ocitis/Sketis
Goths/Geats (compare God/Gott)
Petreius Cotta &/or the Cottae subbranch of Aureli gens
Succoth
Ashkuz/Ashkenaz
Scythian (itself from sku "shepherd")

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 13-Apr-2019 at 23:53
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234