Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Origins of the Turks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origins of the Turks
    Posted: 13-May-2005 at 02:52
Well funnyly enough I've been researching turkish ancient history for quite sometime now, working on a series of games on the turks...
One of the interesting things that I did find was funnily enough from a russian textbook "History of Siberia (tome 1)" which is a history book based on archeological finds in the regions that it talks about (anyone can download it from a russian online libruary sorry its in russian, Publisher 'Nauka' leningradskiy otdelenie, leningrad 1968 there are 5 tomes)(funny for the russians to even put turks in there as soviet times turkey was an enemy )
Well around p.160 it begins talking about the bronze age about the Afanasev culture at around 3000BC (whom were first discovered in 1865) then the Okuns and to the Andronov culture at around 2400BC .. and so on Karasuks,Tagars.......etc, these are all in the region of Altay they did expand through out asia but that is irrelevent at the moment.
Now the origin of the turks is put to these cultures, their main difference being the appearance as these people are said to be taller, white and with european lines..
   Anyway if anyone is interested historically PM/email me.(Any language )
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 03:11

So what do you wanna know, or wanna tell us?

I know Russia did consider Turkey as theyre enemy (Putin sayd bcuz of Nato bla bla bla) but also Russia did enough to let hate Turks by his own people (plz dont say no, ive read some Russian schoolbooks about Turks). And i also know that Russia and China together HIDING or Destroying historical stuff, proof from the world of the Turkish history (Places in Siberia where been bommed by Russian army, places in China were you CANT take a picture of archeologic stuff, ETC ETC). Those are mostly known by us.

Tell me something about my history that i dont know...

Edited by Kenaney
OUT OF LIMIT
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 04:39
Yazdiklarima iyi bakarsan ne yazdigimi anlarsin, Turkler hakkinda bir dizi oyun ustunde calisiyorum, gercek tarihten kronolojik olarak turkler hakkinda bilgi ariyorum..bunu yaparken de tabi koklerimiz hakkinda bulduklarim ilginc..(bu ara yardim etmek isteyen varsa, email'im den bana ulasabilir.)

Rus kaynaklarina gore ("Sibirya Tarihi" adli tarih arkeoloji kitabindan ki 1968 basimi) turklerin kokleri beyaz avrupai gorunumlu, uzun, M.O.3000 yillinda var olan Afanasev'lere dayandirildigini ogrendim, tabi bu enteresan cunku bu bizi oradaki butun halklardan ayirt ediyor...

Rusya beni ilgilendirmiyor, ne politikasi ne hicbirseyi burada sadece okuyorum..

Komik olan sibirya tarihi kitabi 5 cilt ve sovyet doneminde olmasina karsin, turkler ve kurdugumuz imparatorluklar hakkinda arkeolojik ve tarihi bilgi iceriyor.. kitabin yazarinin kendi sozleriyle
"Avrupa devletlerinin amator arkeologlari gibi bir iki imparatorluk kurmus olan yunan,roma,misir halklarini inceleme modasini takip etmek yerine, bu kitap kendi topraklarimizda yasamis olan halklari inceyecektir, ki bu halklardan birisi onlarca imparatorluk,yuzlerce devlet kurmustur.. " (tercumesi boyle)

People sorry about that, its just mainly the turkish translation of what I originally wrote with the addition of the foreword of the authors of the book.. that I talked about.

Edited by baracuda
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 05:47

Uhmm, i tought you whas Russian, so im sorry, misunderstood you.

If you have more likely stuff (unkown Turkish history) then PM me or type it here, thanks

OUT OF LIMIT
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 06:31

Originally posted by baracuda

One of the interesting things that I did find was funnily enough from a russian textbook "History of Siberia (tome 1)" which is a history book based on archeological finds in the regions that it talks about (anyone can download it from a russian online libruary sorry its in russian, Publisher 'Nauka' leningradskiy otdelenie, leningrad 1968 there are 5 tomes)(funny for the russians to even put turks in there as soviet times turkey was an enemy )
Well around p.160 it begins talking about the bronze age about the Afanasev culture at around 3000BC (whom were first discovered in 1865) then the Okuns and to the Andronov culture at around 2400BC .. and so on Karasuks,Tagars.......etc, these are all in the region of Altay they did expand through out asia but that is irrelevent at the moment.
Now the origin of the turks is put to these cultures, their main difference being the appearance as these people are said to be taller, white and with european lines..
   Anyway if anyone is interested historically PM/email me.(Any language )

Welcome to AE Baracuda,

That's what I am saying in this forum all the time. The Soviet researchers and sources said right since they were much more objective than the European sources. I will post you later about the issue.   

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:27

Merhaba, Baracuda!

Interesting stuff you got there? Which Turkic people do you belong to?

So what are the origins of the Turks? Did we all derive from the Kirgiz?

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 07:54
I'm a turk.

Edited by baracuda
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 05:43

Welcome , baracuda. And thanks about mentioning the 1968 book.

Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 14:59
Originally posted by Kenaney

If you have more likely stuff (unkown Turkish history) then PM me or type it here, thanks

Im waiting....

OUT OF LIMIT
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 23:52

Hey everyone, let me say firstly that I have been enjoying this site greatly! I have only posted a few times, but plan on more in the future. I would like to share with you guys a site I regularly contribute to call aegeantimes.net, it is for Turks and Greeks, but many Armenians also join. It is very cilvil and friendly. My name there is Aliovonal! Hope to see you all there soon!!!

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 07:36
Nice website, good to see people of these nations acting civil to each other
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 10:26

Dear Osmanli,

Hi there. Hope you're doing fine. Well, I've read your question:' Did we all derive from the Kirgiz?? I would say, noooooooooooooooooo!!!  Kyrgiz is just a tribe of Turk Great Rag like other Turks like Turkmens (Turkmenistan), Uzbek, Kazaks. You've definately heard about Kiptchaks; a big tribe whose name appears frequently with Oghuzes (Turkmens). Kyrgiz's biggest (inner) tribe is Kiptchak. You know, if you ask a Central Asian, who's Oghuz and Who's Kiptchak? He would tell you Turkmens (Turkmenistan) are Oghuzes and Kyrgizes are Kiptchaks (Kazaks also have got the tribe Kiptchak; you know their story, don't you? They are Turkish and Mongolian tribes who picked the name Kazak); although both of them've got other different tribes. But we're talking about majority.

And if they're Kiptchak, what does 'kyrgiz' mean itself? Well, you know, Oghuz and Kiptchak are two close accents in Turkish. Their way of life also used to be similar. Even sometimes, they'd difficulty recognizing an Oghuz an a Kiptchak. Not to make the story complicated, but they've had many internal marriages; my mother is a Kiptchak (although my father is an Oghuz; a Turkmen.). Anyhow, a part of Oghuzes and Kiptchaks who used to live far in north, had blond hair (still with Mongoloid eyes). But most of these blonded-hairs were Kiptchaks. So, other people called them 'Qirgho Oghuz' (Sari Oghuz= Yellow Oghuz). The words changed to it's current form 'Qyrghiz'. That's the story.

Take good care and just take it easy.

Kind regards,

Iltirish

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 12:09
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 19:09

Baracuda, 

read this books:

HUNS BY LEV NIKOLAYEVIC GUMILEV

A THOUSAND YEARS AROUND THE CASPIAN SEA by LEV NIKOLAYEVIC

LE STEPPE DES EMPIRES by RENE GROUSSET

THE HISTORY OF TURKS by JEAN PAUL ROUXXE

THE INTRODUCTION TO ALTAIC LANGUAGES by NICHOLAS POPPE

THE EARLY EMPIRES OF CENTRAL ASIA by MCGOVERN

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 01:37
Originally posted by Kenaney

LoL now that you know he's Turk he's right, but you questioned him when he was Russian nice irony!
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 01:49
Originally posted by Tatar44

Baracuda,

read this books:

HUNS BY LEV NIKOLAYEVIC GUMILEVA THOUSAND YEARS AROUND THE CASPIAN SEA by LEV NIKOLAYEVICLE STEPPE DES EMPIRES by RENE GROUSSETTHE HISTORY OF TURKS by JEAN PAUL ROUXXETHE INTRODUCTION TO ALTAIC LANGUAGES by NICHOLAS POPPETHE EARLY EMPIRES OF CENTRAL ASIA by MCGOVERN

The book I posted is a russian history book on siberia, not a view on the topic by someone.. Im going to use it as a source for a game Im working on, these books you mention are they history books or individual writers for a subject? (I'll get them of course out of interest but just would like to ask)
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 10:55
Baracuda, try getting ahold of "The Barbarians of Asia-The peoples of the steppes from 1600b.c." by Stuart Legg. Chapters: Blue sky, grey wolf and The wind of God's omnipotence are fantastic.  
 Post Reply Post Reply