Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is it with women ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it with women ?
    Posted: 02-Jun-2013 at 17:34
I caught " 'er Indoors " in a good mood last night; a fine lobster supper and two bottles of ice cold Chablis and she was putty in my hands !  I actually got her to agree to my suggestion that we buy a Bentley.
Before she changed her mind I got a farmer chum of mine in the village to pick us up in his Robinson helicopter, so we'd seen three Bentleys before lunch, two afterwards and managed to test drive four of 'em. But, clearly her inclination had evaporated since her objections to all of 'em were thoroughly specious. " A green car is unlucky ", " I don't like the wheels, they're too shiny ! ". " Do they all make so much noise ? "...........it's a six litre W12 cylinders, 210 mile an hour car, for Crying out loud !
The only one she liked was painted fire engine red with a full cream leather interior, and I'm sure she only chose that because I baulked at a car that looked like a harlots boudoir !

So, where do I stand now ? Well, bearing in mind that we're only considering getting a bloody Bentley because our fifteen year old daughter has legs as long as a giraffes and won't easily fit in the back of the Aston, I guess that I'll have to enlist the aid of the sprog in a female versus female propaganda battle.
Women, if you can't beat 'em, at least get one of 'em on your side !
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2013 at 19:04
Keep the Aston, put the wife in the back, and give the daughter the front seat. When she complains, you go out and buy the car you want, and tell the lady you're doing her a favour!
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2013 at 23:56
perhaps could also look at it to be grateful/thankful that you even have a wife/companion & child etc while some don't

NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2013 at 11:01
Originally posted by Sidney

Keep the Aston, put the wife in the back, and give the daughter the front seat. When she complains, you go out and buy the car you want, and tell the lady you're doing her a favour!

ClapClapClapClap  It probably won't work, but It's a great attitude.Big smile

"She's got legs right up to her neck, it's making me a physical wreck".  Rod Stewart.

Edited by red clay - 03-Jun-2013 at 11:14
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2013 at 11:08
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

perhaps could also look at it to be grateful/thankful that you even have a wife/companion & child etc while some don't

AR, your absolutely correct.  However after 30+ years of marriage 2-3 kids and all that goes with them, I believe the "grateful thankful" part kicks in after they leave home.Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2013 at 11:28
On the subject of legs and cars, I am cursed with a 38 inch inseam.  Most men's shops don't even carry anything over 34".  It's long been a family joke that I don't test drive a car, I try it on for size.

I once owned a 74 Lotus. To get in, I had to open both doors, crawl to the passenger side and slide in.  It cost me an additional 800 US to have an inch of padding removed from the seat and have the peddle well widened so I could get both feet in at the same time.  Now that's car love for ya.
I won't even start on what I had to do to the Walker I owned.

Legs can be a pain in the a**.Big smile
Unknown.
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2013 at 12:26
Originally posted by red clay

Originally posted by Sidney

ClapClapClapClap  It probably won't work, but It's a great attitude.Big smile

"She's got legs right up to her neck, it's making me a physical wreck".  Rod Stewart.

Didn't Stewart also say that he wouldn't stay at Claridges anymore because their bed sheets were so starched and slippery that they gave his elbows callouses and provided no grip for his toes ?
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2013 at 12:29
Originally posted by Arthur-Robin

Perhaps I should, compadre. Perhaps I should. 

But tell me, amigo, surely having a wife and family is the norm ?  Although, on second thoughts, perhaps not in Australia ?
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2013 at 03:19
Originally posted by red clay

On the subject of legs and cars, I am cursed with a 38 inch inseam.  Most men's shops don't even carry anything over 34".  It's long been a family joke that I don't test drive a car, I try it on for size.

I once owned a 74 Lotus. To get in, I had to open both doors, crawl to the passenger side and slide in.  It cost me an additional 800 US to have an inch of padding removed from the seat and have the peddle well widened so I could get both feet in at the same time.  Now that's car love for ya.
I won't even start on what I had to do to the Walker I owned.

Legs can be a pain in the a**.Big smile

Were it not for the fact that I too have extraordinarily long legs ( probably due to my mother being an ex " Bluebell Girl " chorus line dancer ), I would have queried your 38 inch inside leg measurement 
In my case, though, nature has balanced itself out by giving me a trunk length of only twelve inches,
so my total height is only just over four feet ( I joke, of course ! ).

I like your choice of wheels, but have always baulked at buying a Lotus, being put off by their image of 
" Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious " !    Pray do tell, what is a " Walker " ?
 Post Reply Post Reply