Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A gift for Henry V

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
soseipl View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote soseipl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A gift for Henry V
    Posted: 26-Mar-2013 at 10:39
Hello,
I'm looking for an answer for this question:
What humiliating gift was sent to Henry V by french heir to the throne and what smart response did he (Henry V) give them?

Regards.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2013 at 12:02
Originally posted by soseipl

Hello,
I'm looking for an answer for this question:
What humiliating gift was sent to Henry V by french heir to the throne and what smart response did he (Henry V) give them?

Regards.
He sent Henry V tennis balls, and Henry's response was to send in an army.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2013 at 19:31
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2013 at 19:38
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2015 at 20:36
By sending a gigantic chest of tennis balls, the Dauphin is basically telling everyone that he thinks Henry is immature and would be better off playing a meaningless game than getting involved in foreign affairs.   
The gift of tennis balls gestures at the fact that Henry spent the wilder days of his youth running amok through England instead of paying attention to politics.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2015 at 20:47
Originally posted by LeopoldPhilippe

By sending a gigantic chest of tennis balls, the Dauphin is basically telling everyone that he thinks Henry is immature and would be better off playing a meaningless game than getting involved in foreign affairs.   
The gift of tennis balls gestures at the fact that Henry spent the wilder days of his youth running amok through England instead of paying attention to politics.

Very good LP. good analysis.

The gift the dauphin received in return?

Agincourt.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2015 at 22:32
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Originally posted by LeopoldPhilippe

Very good LP. good analysis.

The gift the dauphin received in return?

Agincourt.
Very much the outcome, CV, Agincourt, eventually. Although on the face of it, LeopoldPhilippe & CV, it has at times been suggested the Dauphin's tennis balls denotes Henry's lack of maturity in terms of age, physically or mentally, hence immaturity. In my opinion the Dauphin gaining knowledge of Henry's preparations, well before the tennis balls, highlights the games Henry is playing, and does so with a game the French have much knowledge of, tennis(French game). The Dauphin is basically showing contempt for the secret preparations for war, and telling Henry they're ready to play.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2015 at 22:47
Very possible as I had missed the psycho warfare consideration viz a vie incident. Well done.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply