Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq 10 Years later

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iraq 10 Years later
    Posted: 19-Mar-2013 at 16:42
Ya can debate till you are blue in the face the motivations and rationales. Ya can debate the improvements or lack there of in Iraq and the subsequent emboldenment of the Iranians.

Ya can debate torture and water boarding....use of dp uranium...nation building. The intelligence that talked about WMDs and the subsequent revelation it was shitty....ya can debate it was about oil and regional domination to ensure western commercial and resource acquisition. Ya can debate Saddam was or was not a maniac and threat to regional security and as a by product national-international security. Debate the multitude of pros and con's. Till hell serves chocolate vanilla swirl ice cream.

Me? I don't give a happy rats ass what ya debate about. Do it on another thread.

For me and this thread....I salute the Troopers and Marines and Airmen and Sailors; American and Coalition who went into harms way.

No war or planning for war is ever perfect...no execution or conduct....intentions or motivations.

But I'll honor the service and the cost as long as I'm convinced it was for a just cause. And those involved attempted and indeed proved their honor.

They....... then get the nod.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 19-Mar-2013 at 16:45
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2013 at 08:18

Very hard for me to have the same attitude as you considering the fact they literally brought gehenna to Iraq. But I guess the individual soldier is not a politician and I commend their bravery.

Timidi mater non flet
 Post Reply Post Reply