Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

United American Empire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: United American Empire
    Posted: 24-Feb-2013 at 14:20
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gamelife/2012/10/ACIII_DLC_KingGeorgeWashington.jpg
After independence, the US is on the brink of anarchy: Muslim pirates raid the coastlines, Indians attack the frontier towns, and the governors of each state hoard resources and are reluctant to help their neighbors. Some states have even gone to war with each other over food. Giving in to popular pressure, George Washington, supported by the army, agrees to be crowned king of America and restore order by conquering the rebellious states, rather than retire to his farm. The White House becomes the Imperial Palace, and America's monarchs serve for life rather than eight years.
Who would succeed Emperor Washington, what sort of constitution would be in place, would the American Empire be more or less stable, and would the US government take a more aggressive, imperialist direction at an earlier time?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2013 at 14:42
American Caesar had heard it and using time machine traveled in Washington to save democracy,pillar of
Federation:Big smile(21th century time travels are commercial flights with Pan American by the way)

Edited by medenaywe - 24-Feb-2013 at 14:44
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2013 at 14:56
LOLThis was good, Master of Meanings!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2013 at 07:40
What sort of emperor would Washington be? A benevolent "enlightened despot" seeking to improve the lot of his subjects? A mad power hungry tyrant? Or a great conqueror like Boney?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2013 at 08:02
I can imagine the US being more anti-British and pro-French. Perhaps it would send troops to support Boney, or side with the Germans in WWI?
 Post Reply Post Reply