Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1 million Turks descent from Persian slaves?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrButlerKing View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Banned

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrButlerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1 million Turks descent from Persian slaves?
    Posted: 11-Jan-2013 at 05:59
How would one know if a Central Asian turk was descent from ancient Iranian or modern Persian? . Like for example where did all those millions persians slaves gone to? did they became Turkicized?

" A notorious slave market for captured Russian and Persian slaves was centred in the Khanate of Khiva from the 17th to the 19th century.[82]During the first half of the 19th century alone, some one million Persians, as well as an unknown number of Russians, were enslaved and transported to Central Asian khanates.[83][84] When the Russian troops took Khiva in 1898 there were 29,300 Persian slaves, captured by Turkoman raiders. According of Josef Wolff (Report of 1843–1845) the population of the Khanate of Bukhara was 1,200,000, of whom 200,000 were Persian slaves "
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted edited: Red color is reserved for staff only. Thanks for your future cooperation in this matter.
CV

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 11-Jan-2013 at 06:18
MrButlerKing View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Banned

Quote MrButlerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2013 at 06:25
LOL   Indian slaves in Uzbekistan during the conquest of Timurlane of India in large numbers.

It makes me think how many Turks in Central Asia are real...

" On that day, Thursday, and all the night of Friday, nearly 15,000 Turks were engaged in slaying, plundering, and destroying. When morning broke on the Friday, all my army, no longer under control, went off to the city and thought of nothing but killing, plundering, and making prisoners. All that day the sack was general. The following day, Saturday, the 17th, all passed in the same way, and the spoil was so great that each man secured from fifty to a hundred prisoners, men, women, and children. "

This is getting so funny....... you mean to tell me Uzbeks like this actually descent of Indian slaves?

Edited by MrButlerKing - 11-Jan-2013 at 06:27
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2013 at 14:59
The kids in your photo look more like Arabs or Europeans from the Mediterranean
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply