Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was Arafat poisoned?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was Arafat poisoned?
    Posted: 26-Dec-2012 at 19:03

The remains of Palestinian leader Yassir Arafat were recently exhumed and a murder investigation launched by the French government. Is there any evidence Arafat was murdered, and if so, by whom?

No bigotry please, or I will ask the admins to lock this threadExclamation

Edited by Nick1986 - 26-Dec-2012 at 20:05
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2012 at 21:22
If you believe the claims of levels of Polonium 210 as per the suspect Al Jazeera documentary; suspect not necessarily for it's forensic accuracy as determined by the science but it's editing and agendas as  a pro-Palestinian mouthpiece.....then one might be fine with the concept.
Would it surprised me?
No.
Intelligence agencies have been doing this routinely for centuries to rid themselves of the oppositions leadership.
Nothing new.

Would that offend me?

No.

Assassinations during wartime are not assassinations necessarily, but can be classified as legitimate military operations. Was this one? Depends on ones viewpoint.
Otherwise one might assume that proofs have yet to be determined until the reexamination results are in.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 26-Dec-2012 at 21:23
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2012 at 13:54
Two of the most likely suspects: Israelis seeking to eliminate Palestine's leader, and Hamas trying to take over the PLO. Either group could have got their hands on Polonium supplied by Iran, Russia or America
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2012 at 08:49
Originally posted by Nick1986

Two of the most likely suspects: Israelis seeking to eliminate Palestine's leader, and Hamas trying to take over the PLO. Either group could have got their hands on Polonium supplied by Iran, Russia or America
I would ask, who gains the most from a poisoning like this? Yes Israel could have had a hand in it, but would there really have been any advantage to Israel of poisoning Arafat given the political climate within his people? OK, the argument could be put forward that with Hamas being in total control Israel could go in harder against the Palestinians, but the Israelis wouldn't have needed to poison Arafat to do that anyway. My question is this, if the idea of poisoning is put out there, and it is suggested that either Hamas, or someone in Israel is to blame, who gains, and who loses from the concept alone?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2012 at 19:16
It sounds too sophisticated for Hamas. If they wanted Arafat dead they would either shoot him, or blow him up and make it look like an accident. Israel, by contrast, has access to radioactive material and a highly trained secret service. They also have the most to gain from a split within the PLO

Edited by Nick1986 - 30-Dec-2012 at 19:16
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2012 at 21:14
Originally posted by Nick1986

It sounds too sophisticated for Hamas. If they wanted Arafat dead they would either shoot him, or blow him up and make it look like an accident. Israel, by contrast, has access to radioactive material and a highly trained secret service. They also have the most to gain from a split within the PLO
If memory serves, Nick, Hamas held much of the power in the Palestinian territories, with Arafat being their only obstacle for taking the rest. What I would ask is this, how come with such a figure as Arafat, with the possibility of underhand methods being used to dispatch him, that tests weren't carried out post mortem?  
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2012 at 05:37
Outside possibility remains with the South Africans. Long held economic and intelligence ties even though visibly lessened have not ceased.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply