Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fiscal Cliff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiscal Cliff
    Posted: 21-Dec-2012 at 20:21
What do you guys think of the current bitch fight between Obama and Boehner? I think that it is mostly an exercise in can-kicking. In previous years, the can was going to be kicked, people negotiated and made a public stink over it, but in the end that can was kicked.

Is this time different because of all of the lost promises of spending reductions that have not been carried out in the past few years? Will the two sides ever come together to try to prevent the inevitable bankruptcy that awaits us?

Edited by Rocky - 21-Dec-2012 at 20:22
okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Quote okamido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2012 at 21:43
I would just as soon let us go "off the cliff". Cuts will be automatically implemented and they can tackle middle class tax cuts individually if they want, which they won't thus ensuring a recapture of the House for the Dems.

Can't win anyway, so all we can do is batten down the hatches for the next few years.
Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2012 at 22:03
I agree. I have wanted them to throw aside the BS and let the terms that were negotiated a year ago in regards to the debt limit take effect. I wonder why these terms were negotiated, was it because spending cuts were needed, but a deal was made to delay those cuts? 
 Post Reply Post Reply