Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is There a Virus That Interferes With the Mouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is There a Virus That Interferes With the Mouse
    Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 10:07
My Mouse isn't behaving as it should, skip all the corny jokes about not feeding it please.   I was wondering if anyone knows of a virus that specifically targets the way the mouse functions.  When I push it right, the cursor goes left etc.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 10:53
Depends on who ya ask...some say yes some no. Could be, if it is wire, that your wire is going out.. mouse is going bad. If wireless, could be your usb port. Or your widget that controls it (the thing that looks like a fuse ya stick in there) in the usb is bad or the mouse is bad. Cant say. Recommend new wire mouse or widget and wireless mouse and do a virus check.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 11:53
Could be as simple as needing a new mouse pad, old pads lose traction, or if it is a ball mouse, the ball taken out and everything cleaned.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/hardwaremaintenance/ss/cleanmouse.htm

Edited by Toltec - 28-Sep-2012 at 11:56
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 13:01
yup yup good points.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 13:18
Thanks for the answers guys.  I've already done the cleaning routine, nada.  I guess I'll have to break down and buy a new mouse, and the other stuff.  It's getting to be maddening.  I've also just done a complete scan, with no results.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 13:37
Cats society is interesting about mouse stealth mode tricks!Smile If it is Windows OS check in Control Panel mouse checks.Do you have small kids around your PC!Just tell them mice and Red are friends:

Edited by medenaywe - 28-Sep-2012 at 13:38
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2012 at 14:09
No kids, but I do have 2 cats, they don't pay any attention to this kind of mouse.Big smile

Thanks for the tip on the OS.  I'll check it out.
 Post Reply Post Reply