Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just wanted to know -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pellethie View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pellethie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just wanted to know -
    Posted: 15-Jul-2012 at 14:35
if my wife can be a member and can post here as well ?

We were banned from the another history forum, accused of having multiple accounts.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2012 at 14:47
The answer is simple. Yes. But if you attempt, as individuals, multi here... the same will occur. You will be banned.

If you are using the same system ie. computer...your IP will show it. And it may not be technically possible because of the ops parameters. However if she and you maintain separate accounts from different systems. Possibly a Different story. I cant not advise you on this.

Ntl..... before you do or attempt it...I want you to contact the Admin-owner, Red Clay, for his approval. Which in effect I have just done for you.

I will post this in the moderators forum and he will respond when he can. Or he will post here. And advise you of the situation

Do not do it before he gives his approval.

And we thank you for your interest.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2012 at 16:08
Well, by letting us know about this ahead of time is very diff. from suddenly springing it in the middle of a heated debate.  Generally that's called a "sock puppet".  At the moment, I don't see anything wrong with this.  Just be sure to let us know what her screen name is. 
Pellethie View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Pellethie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jul-2012 at 17:45
Nope, it wasn't really sprung during a heated debate. We used different computers and more or less let those folks know we were together. 

As for sockpuppets, I really don't care for the use of such methods. Not to offend anyone here, but from experiences at a few sites, I've found that administrators and moderators are some of the biggest puppet masters.

Anyway that is neither here or now.  I'll let her know what you said and my thanks for getting back with me.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2012 at 10:47
Originally posted by Pellethie

Nope, it wasn't really sprung during a heated debate. We used different computers and more or less let those folks know we were together. 

As for sockpuppets, I really don't care for the use of such methods. Not to offend anyone here, but from experiences at a few sites, I've found that administrators and moderators are some of the biggest puppet masters.

Anyway that is neither here or now.  I'll let her know what you said and my thanks for getting back with me.

Under the former Admins. Yes, there were instances of this.  Not now, not here.  I can see all ip addys on every post.  I do watch for stuff like that.  Me personally, I don't have time for silliness like that.  When we re organised in 2009, I set up a couple of alters but never used them. No reasons to.

Pellethie View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Pellethie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2012 at 20:00
Very well then, we can make talk in a good way.
 Post Reply Post Reply