Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aliens, Bigfoot......And Brittany Spears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aliens, Bigfoot......And Brittany Spears
    Posted: 16-May-2012 at 09:14
That will get everyones attention.Big smile 

My original interest in fossils came about upon discovering that the prehistoric peoples who inhabited the area I live in, valued them for a variety of different reasons. The habitation sites here carry the evidence.
I have been unable to find much ref. to this in the lit available from academic sources, so you can imagine my excitement when I found a small article. Okay, so it was in the "Weird New Jersey" forum of the magazine of the same name. After awhile you can get a little desparate.
The article was about a woman, living just north of me, who had found, and was finding, native american artifacts on the mud flats near her home. In conjunction with these finds she was also finding Fossils. Now the artifacts that were shown in the pic.[only one pic.] displayed some perfect fishtail points, worked in slate, as well as enough other items, blades axes, and other tools, that would indicate a complex occupation site. Fossils were only mentioned slightly, but there was enough there to lead me to doing something I rarely do and that was to leave my home phone number in a post.
About an hour after I had posted, I get a call from this person. There were a couple of minutes of light chit chat during which I attempted to explain to her my interest and what I was finding. As soon as I mentioned fossils, the world changed.
For the next 10 minutes, during which I could not get a word in, I was told that what I was finding were not fossils. The fossils are in fact, get ready here comes the punchline, "Holographic coded messages tatooed in the rocks by Aliens". !!?!!??? Gurgle, cough. How could I have missed something so obvious?
I'll spare everyone the details, actually I don't recall much after the initial bomb, my focus being how to gracefully excuse myself from her call.[I say gracefully, as everyone has a right to their own opinions and ideas. No need to denegrate anyone when their ideas don't jive with yours. No matter how outrageous those ideas first appear.]

For me, the problems here exist with the state. Apparently, this woman had been in contact with the state museum in Trenton, and had been told that they had no interest in what she had found and she could go ahead and do what she wished. Which is exactly what she did. For the last 2 years this person has been excavating a complex, multi level occupation site, on her own. No science, no mapping, no nothing.

But it's okay, perfectly fine with the state, because she contacted the Unatilago Lenape tribal council in Oklahoma. Without so much as a cursory inspection of the site they pronounced it an important Lenape site and gladly accepted her donating everything to their museum out in Ok. Case closed.

I have a lot of difficulty with all of this. I have a problem with these artifacts leaving the state, without so much as a photographic record. I have problems with almost everything the state did or didn't do. Not surprisingly, I have a major problem with NAGPRA.
This woman was allowed to do something that has earned others considerable jail time. Actually, people are being arrested and jailed for doing much less than this person has done.
But I sincerely believe she was left alone because no one wanted to deal with either, the Lenape or the Aliens.

Edited by red clay - 16-May-2012 at 09:19
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply