Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Smith & Pocahontas (Matoaka)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wagenknecht View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Wagenknecht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Smith & Pocahontas (Matoaka)
    Posted: 28-Jan-2012 at 19:25
Hello History forum! 
I'm new to this forum and i hope i get well met! 
I have a question for you people and i hope anybody got an answer for it :)
It's known that John Smith & Pocahontas(Matoaka) met once in history but i don't know much story around it..
How did they communicate, 
and at that time it's strange they didn't even attack each other because their weren't familiar with other's than their crew.
How old was John Smith and how old was Pocahontas when they met?
There coldn't be a realationship going on,because their age was fairly diffrent if i remember right?
So simply my question is, is there any more story around this..
I would be glad if you could share it with me!

Regards,

:)
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2012 at 19:39

Pocahontas was the daughter of the Indian chief Powhatan. When English captain John Smith was captured in 1607 Pocahontas stopped her father from killing him. In 1613 she was captured by the English and converted to Christianity. She married John Rolfe, traveled to England and had a son called Thomas
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2012 at 19:42
I think Pocahontas was about 14 years old.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2012 at 19:13

Copy of an original portrait of Pocahontas and her son. She died young, but Thomas survived into adulthood and had children of his own
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2012 at 19:39
Here's another picture of Pocahontas, Nick'

undefined
Historic portrait of the real Pocahontas in London, age 21, dressed as the Christian lady she had become. She died within months. This portrait hangs in the National Portrait Gallery of the Smithsonian, in Washington, D.C.. This painting is a later copy of an engraving made during her London visit of 1616. It flatters and Europeanizes her more than does the original engraving, which failed to capture her celebrated allure.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 19:16
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2012 at 18:33
 Post Reply Post Reply