Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apple Suspends iPhone Sales in China

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple Suspends iPhone Sales in China
    Posted: 13-Jan-2012 at 10:53

Apple Suspends iPhone Sales in China After Crowd Turns Violent

Published January 13, 2012

| NewsCore

EIJING –  Apple on Friday suspended the sale of its new iPhone 4S at some stores in mainland China after a rowdy egg-throwing crowd disrupted the device's debut at one of its two official stores in Beijing.

Would-be customers, many of whom had waited overnight in the freezing cold to be among the first to purchase the latest iPhone, became so unruly when the store at the swank Sanlitun shopping district failed to open its doors that Apple was forced to cancel first-day sales there, All Things Digital reported.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/13/apple-suspends-iphone-sales-at-china-stores-after-waiting-crowd-turns-violent/?test=faces#ixzz1jM1JIW00

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2012 at 19:49
Crazy. I don't understand why people don't wait a few months and pick up a bargain in the next sale
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2012 at 22:39

Originally posted by Nick1986

Crazy. I don't understand why people don't wait a few months and pick up a bargain in the next sale

Human nature seems universal: instant gratification and I want it now.

Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2012 at 14:40
Hate to be a pedantic prick, but how is this History :)
Arrrgh!!"
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2012 at 19:28
I think it's history in the making. People will look back at the developed China and express dismay that the population chose consumerism over communism
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply