Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emergency Declared in Nigeria Over Terror Attacks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emergency Declared in Nigeria Over Terror Attacks
    Posted: 31-Dec-2011 at 14:58
Emergency Declared in Nigeria Over Terror Attacks

Published December 31, 2011| Associated Press

ABUJA, Nigeria – Nigeria's president is declaring a state of emergency in parts of the West African nation after a slew of recent attacks blamed on a radical Muslim sect.

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday declared the state of emergency in four states and ordered the closure of international borders near the affected areas. They include parts of Borno state, where the northeastern city of Maiduguri is a stronghold for the Boko Haram sect.

He says: "What began as sectarian crises in the northeastern parts of the country has gradually evolved into terrorist activities."

He directed top security officials to set up a special counterterrorism unit.

The sect claimed responsibility for Christmas Day attacks that have now left at least 42 people dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/12/31/emergency-declared-in-nigeria-over-terror-attacks/?test=latestnews

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2011 at 19:40
Boko Harem sound like a bunch of ignorant nutjobs and resentful dropouts. If they were true Muslims they would value education and partake in it to the best of their abilities
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2012 at 21:54
They're also hypocrites. I have a feeling the Nigerian conmen plaguing our internet are employed by this terror group to raise funds for weapons
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 03:26
Sudan is posibble example for the future of Nigeria.
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 09:44
Originally posted by Ollios

Sudan is posibble example for the future of Nigeria.

Very probably my friend. They have an ever more sectarian fight going on between the Christian North and Muslim south. Also, as an oil-rich country they produce very little of it because it is defended by some kind of armed militias off the coast.
Timidi mater non flet
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 11:31
Sad to see such wealth squandered when so many suffering could use it . Imagine what a stable nation
or region could become.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2012 at 11:38
Their "curse" is:petrol.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2012 at 05:05
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

Very probably my friend. They have an ever more sectarian fight going on between the Christian North and Muslim south. Also, as an oil-rich country they produce very little of it because it is defended by some kind of armed militias off the coast.

I agree you without small thing; in Nigeria, the south Christian and the north Muslim  

Originally posted by medenaywe

Their "curse" is:petrol.

It is true, diversity(ethnic, religion...) and rich sources are bad combination.

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2012 at 21:30
A scary thought. I don't understand why these fanatics want to wreck a country on the slow but steady path to modernisation, especially when there are so many other failed states in the region
 Post Reply Post Reply