Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cold War heats up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cold War heats up
    Posted: 06-Dec-2011 at 19:03

1962 was the year the great superpowers bit the dust. The Cuban Missile Crisis sparked a nuclear war between America and Russia. Seeking to be the only remaining power, the Chinese turned against their Russian allies, leading to a three-way atom bomb exchange that turned the three dinosaurs and their allies Nato, Japan, and the Warsaw Pact into burned out uninhabitable wastelands. Much of the fallout had already landed before the winds changed, although elsewhere there were cases of glowing, deformed livestock and unnaturally high levels of baldness.
Out of the devastation, which nations would rise to become the new powers, how long would it take for the world to recover, what would the two main alliances be, and how long would it be til World War 4?

Edited by Nick1986 - 06-Dec-2011 at 19:04
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2011 at 19:26
Off the top of my head, i think Australia (possibly united with New Zealand) and South Africa (expanding in America's absence to conquer Botswana and Namibia) would be the two new superpowers. Fascist Spain would be the only surviving European nation due to its westerly location, and Mexico would gobble up the uncontaminated remains of the southwest USA to put a stop to marauding biker gangs terrorising the farmsteads and remaining small towns
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2011 at 20:59
I see the US, on account of her size, having serious pockets of power, albeit, regional and not 
national.
I can see Mexico being a semi dominant power, held back by her infighting.
I can see Canada being a force, although not a global power.
With the world being reduced to 18th century technology and powers to wage war, I 
can see the planet and her people glad to focus on surviving the fall out and not waging war.
It would be a 'us' vs 'them' mentality and 200 years would pass before WWIV.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2011 at 20:36

I'd have thought Canada, as a prominent Nato ally, would have been taken out by Ivan's nukes, either deliberately or by mistake. Some of the later hydrogen bombs had a blast radius the size of the UK. One alone would be devastating, but the payload of a squadron of Bears would bring total annihilation

Edited by Nick1986 - 08-Dec-2011 at 20:37
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2011 at 07:45
Are you serious?! The latest hydrogen bomb has a radius the size of England? It sounds terrifying just to know that such technology even exists!
Timidi mater non flet
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2011 at 20:11
Remember, technology would have advanced since that time. According to the map i saw back in primary school, a Russian hydrogen bomb dropped on London would devastate the Scottish lowlands and northwestern France
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2011 at 22:09
Originally posted by Nick1986

Out of the devastation, which nations would rise to become the new powers,

Turkey would be fu*ked. Cuba crisis was based on Amrerican missiles in Turkey because of American missiles, russians wanted to put thier own missiles in Cuba, and the crisis ended because USA accepted to take back their missiles in Turkey and Russians gave up to set their weapons in Cuba. That's why Turkey could be hitten by Russians in any war case and maybe the third Hiroshima could happened in Turkey

American jupiter missiles in Turkey

Edited by Ollios - 09-Dec-2011 at 22:10
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2011 at 19:06
What effect would this have on the Middle East? Without America holding them back, i imagine all the Arab nations would jump on Israel, similar to the 1967 Six Day War. In the aftermath of this conflict Israel (lacking its American attack dog) would form closer ties with Apartheid South Africa and become increasingly aggressive to deter future attacks

Edited by Nick1986 - 10-Dec-2011 at 19:06
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2011 at 19:30
What about India and Pakistan? With China, Russia and the US gone, i imagine they'd want to fight it out to become the new Asian superpower
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2012 at 19:43
Perhaps North Korea, aided by Soviet and Red Chinese remnants, would conquer the South and become the last Communist power. On the other hand, this would probably only happen if Kim Il-Sung died unexpectedly as he distrusted the Chinese, especially after the Sino-Soviet Split and Cultural Revolution
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2012 at 20:59
If anyone thought the cold war was over they remain delusion.... and they should probably stop drinking cough syrup or mouthwash and go back to whiskey.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2012 at 20:24
I can think of a couple of other countries that might survive fallout and (in a few cases) even benefit in a post Cold War scenario:
Vietnam - Unified under the leadership of Ho Chi Minh
Jordan - Equipped with the latest Chieftain tanks and a British-trained army
Argentina - Controlled by Peron, has a sizeable Nazi expat community, and owns the Falklands
Egypt - Under military dictatorship, fearful of fighting on two fronts against an expansionist Spain (overflowing with European refugees) and aggressive Israel
American remnants - The entire population of Hawaii, extremist guerrillas in the southwest resisting Mexican expansion, army personnel in the southernmost corner of Korea, a few US Navy vessels (including the battleship Iowa) now under Oceanian command
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2012 at 19:05
How the world might look now:

Post Reply Post Reply