Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was Stalin murdered?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was Stalin murdered?
    Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 19:13

Uncle Joe, the 20th century Ivan the Terrible, died in the night on March 1, 1953, apparently from a stroke. However, many believe he was actually poisoned by high-ranking communists fearing another Great Purge. Stalin's hangman Beria boasted to Molotov that he took out the dictator, and hte internal bleeding discovered post-mortem is concurrent with warfarin poisoning
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 19:00
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 20:19
The Death of Stalin: a Coup d'Etat
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2012 at 22:26
I don't think so - Stalin was adored, feared, and in any case not a person one would dare poison. Beria was the first one to fall after Stalin's death, so there was no sense in him poisoning him, he was fine while Stalin was fine. What he was bragging about, IMHO,  was a lie, he never specified how did he did this purported poisoning. Stalin's private physician was tortured while Stalin was laying paralyzed, and Beria instructed that no doctor is called for like 12 hours - if you ask me, this was why he was bragging for taking Stalin out, because on his orders Stalin was left without medical attention in that time, which for after-stroke treatment was a fatal mistake. But poisoning - I highly doubt it.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2012 at 19:32
The question has been asked ever since Stalin's death. Here's an interview with a Russian defector by Life Magazine
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2012 at 21:01
December 21 was the 126th birthday of Soviet leader Joseph Stalin. Historian and publicist Nikolay Dobryukha says the Kremlin archives contain documented evidence proving that Stalin was poisoned. 

The discovered documents absolutely disprove all affirmations saying that Stalin died of cerebral hemorrhage caused by his poor health. These documents are the records of Stalin's medical examination within the period of over 30 years. These documents also demonstrate that Stalin was not at all apprehensive of medical examinations and was not afraid of receiving treatment of doctors as it was rumored. It was also said that for fear to visit doctors Stalin often resorted to self-medication. In fact, highly-qualified doctors were called for in case of Stalin's slightest indisposition and had close medical examination of the high-ranking client all day round.

Records made in September 1947 state that Joseph Stalin had initial stage hypertension, also chronic articular rheumatism and overfatigue. Doctor Kirillov made a record of Stalin's blood pressure – 145 per 85 – which was excellent for his age of 67 at that time.

At the age of 70, Stalin's blood pressure made up 140 per 80 and the pulse made up 74 beats per minute before taking bath. After the bath, blood pressure dropped to 138 per 75 and the pulse made up 68 per minute. The Soviet leader did not complain of bad sleep, had regular bowel movements and was fine in general. The medical records show Stalin had the blood pressure of 140 per 80 and the pulse 70 beats per minute at the age of 72. At that, the latter measuring was made when Stalin had flu and fever. It is unlikely that younger and healthier people can register similar showing. And this is astonishing that no other medical record mentions of the initial stage hypertension of Stalin.

It was not true when some people stated that “Stalin was seriously ill, especially after the dramatic stress he endured during WWII”. These talks appeared as soon as bulletins about Stalin's health were published for the first time on March 4, 1953. These official bulletins stated that on the night of March 2 Joseph Stalin had cerebral hemorrhage caused by his hypertension and atherosclerosis.

The false statements were encouraged by Lavrentiy Beria and his protйgйs Malenkov and Khrushchev as soon as they became leaders of the country.

The discovered documents reveal that the Soviet leader got poisoned within February 28 – March 1, 1953, between the Saturday night and Monday, the period when majority of doctors cannot be reached for because of their day off. That was done on purpose to give the poison enough time to take effect.

But it is not also ruled out that conspirators first immediately poisoned Stalin and only after that his double fell victim of the poison as well. In fact, Beria did not expect the poisoning would be so protracted and that is why he felt incredibly nervous. On March 4, newspapers controlled by Beria reported that “Stalin had cerebral hemorrhage staying in his Moscow apartment on the night of March 2” which was not true because Stalin died at the out-of-town residence. Why did Beria need to report the leader died in his Moscow apartment? Probably he spread misinformation to use Stalin's look-alike: maybe Stalin died immediately after poisoning staying in the out-of-town residence and his double “fell ill” in an instant in the Kremlin and then on the night of March 2 was moved to the out-of-town residence to substitute the already dead Lord. In a word, Beria's plan turned out to be not quite smooth. To be on the safe side, when it was publicly announced Stalin was dead Beria still arrested the head of a laboratory making poisons for secret killings.

Many people knew that Beria was going to wage war against Stalin. His son Sergo said that father highly likely schemed something against Stalin with the help of his supporters in law enforcement structures and with his own intelligence structure that was not controlled by any of the governmental structures.

Stalin's bodyguards say that the leader got poisoned immediately after he drank mineral water. Indeed, Stalin was found dead lying near a table on which a bottle with mineral water and a glass stood. The poison took effect instantaneously. Some sources state that Stalin fell down dead and others insist he fell down unconscious.

Study of the archives revealed that on November 8, 1953 the Kremlin sanitary department wanted to hand “medicaments and three empty mineral water battles” over to the Stalin Museum. But for some reason, the department handed just two empty bottles to the Museum on November 9. What is the secret of the third lost bottle?

The journal kept by doctors treating Stalin brings to nothing the memoirs and researches of Stalin's last illness and death. As seen from the records in the journal the doctors obviously understood that Stalin was poisoned. This is proved by prescriptions they made: ice application to the head; sweet tea with lemon; catharsis with sulfur-acid magnesia and so on.

http://english.pravda.ru/history/29-12-2005/9457-stalin-0/
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2012 at 19:58
There are also rumors Lenin was poisoned by Stalin. Is there any truth in this?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 19:15
Stalin was known to have ordered the deaths of many opponents. Kirov was assassinated, Yezhov was executed, and Trotsky was murdered with an ice pick
nickherc View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote nickherc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2014 at 04:43
There are some theories, that popped out lately, that Josip Broz Tito managed to get Stalin kill. After Yugoslavia went its own course, Stalin attempted to eliminate Tito in any way he could, sending one assassins after another. Tito send him a telegram in which he stated: "stop sending assassins to kill me. If you do not stop, I'll send one to Moscow. And I won't have to send another one." Pretty bold :). 
 Post Reply Post Reply