Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interactive Historical Atlas of the World

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gmann101 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gmann101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interactive Historical Atlas of the World
    Posted: 08-Sep-2011 at 16:39
Please check out my new website: ChronoAtlas.com, the first fully interactive historical atlas of the world!

The site allows you to browse the entire globe at any point in history and see boundaries changing over time and cities and other features appearing on the map at the time they were founded. The site is also 100% interactive, you can contribute your own data: meaning your own cities, battles, and photos of historic places and events, and you can also draw boundaries of any historical kingdom you want, or edit those drawn by others if they are inaccurate.

You need to have either Google Earth or the Google Earth plug-in to view the site, if you don’t have it then it will prompt you to install the plug-in on your first visit.
For optimum performance I recommend installing the latest version of Google Earth or the Google Earth plug-in and using Internet Explorer as your browser.

The site has just been launched so feel free to suggest improvements or if you get any error messages then please let me know and I will try to fix them. There are also some video tutorials on how to do stuff if you get stuck.
 Post Reply Post Reply