Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

formations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Gavriel View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gavriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: formations
    Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 02:16
Did they really!Im surprised the Marines ran from the enemy!
I didnt even know Turk's were involved in that war (the shame),the Crimean war is not a topic i've studied much,i tend to lose interest in military matters after the advent of the gun.
Why did the British 93rd Highland regiment  come out of a fortification to engage Cavalry?It seems to me a fort would be impossible for Cavalry to attack,why give them the oportunity of reaching your 'Thin' line?
Thanks

Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 15:17
Originally posted by Gavriel

Did they really!Im surprised the Marines ran from the enemy!
I didnt even know Turk's were involved in that war (the shame),the Crimean war is not a topic i've studied much,i tend to lose interest in military matters after the advent of the gun.
Why did the British 93rd Highland regiment  come out of a fortification to engage Cavalry?It seems to me a fort would be impossible for Cavalry to attack,why give them the oportunity of reaching your 'Thin' line?
Thanks

Yes, the Marines did run from the enemy, and the Turkish soldiers were usually used as workers instead of soldiers in the Crimean War. The Highlanders, I guess, thought that they were the last line of defense, or maybe they thought they could beat the Russians.

white knight View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote white knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 00:57
Originally posted by Subotei

anyone know of any formations for infantry or cavalry units.

for example the romans had the three line formation

there bull horn formation of the zulus.
theres more on this page
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12