Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Movie cowboy shootout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movie cowboy shootout
    Posted: 23-May-2011 at 15:18
Your list of favorite gunmen is missing one famous one, who might well out do all of them. He was played by Richard Boone, and the name of the TV show was "Have Gun, will travel", his screen name was Paladin!

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/have-gun-will-travel-closing-credits/b3269c3157f56cb5fd48b3269c3157f56cb5fd48-881470735515?cpkey=ee980ff99d7b92a20d23ee980ff99d7b92a20d23-820459079125%7Cvideos%20of%20%22have%20gun%20will%20travel%22%7C%7C&q=videos%20of%20%22have%20gun%20will%20travel%22

He might well have been the toughest, baddest, meanest, and most Knightly" of all?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2011 at 20:32
Originally posted by unclefred

There are three left on the smoky, blood stained street...The man with no name, Yul the robot and Charles Mother...king Bronson. Clint whips out his cell-phone jammer and renders the robot useless. Two quick shots...Charles the great falls, stone dead. The man with no name watches the blood trickle from the flesh wound in his side. From the rear, Klaus Kinski creeps out and blows his nameless head off with a rare turkish fowling piece.

How come the Duke didn't make your final three? And wouldn't Klaus Kinski dissolve in the sunlight?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 15:08
The Duke definitely played a tough game, beat the robot to the draw, but the bullets just mushroomed on the metal chestplate, giving just enough time for the bald one to head-but the duke and break his nose, severely. As his eyes watered and the blood flowed, he didn't notice the very short Harmonica creep up and shoot him under the chin. Fortunately for Klaus, he was wearing dark glasses and didn't notice it was daytime. The power of mental suggestion proven again.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 19:07
What about the other three lawmen? Roy wears the white hat, Henry has almost 40 years gunfighting experience, and Kevin is a tree-dwelling mailman who could easily go postal with a longbow, broadsword or Tommy gun
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 20:52
Originally posted by Nick1986

What about the other three lawmen? Roy wears the white hat, Henry has almost 40 years gunfighting experience, and Kevin is a tree-dwelling mailman who could easily go postal with a longbow, broadsword or Tommy gun

Roy is currently in federal custody in Abilene where the GJ is investigating alleged monkey business with Trigger.

Hank was called back by Jimmy Stewart to run the cathous in Cheyenne as he is to gawdamn old for that nonsense.

The harmonica guy is having problems with his sexual identity as verified by his walking off and leaving Claudia Cardinale...to be a pass around for the RR. What an idiot.Thumbs Down

And Kevin has been recalled to Water world....where he can find his actual amphib roots. And then write his version of the Alex Halley classic.

Wink

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 24-May-2011 at 20:54
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2011 at 21:03

CV, older cowboys tend to the most dangerous. You'd have to be a skilled gunfighter to reach that age
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 00:04
Originally posted by Nick1986

CV, older cowboys tend to the most dangerous. You'd have to be a skilled gunfighter to reach that age

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2011 at 00:09
Nah Nick...skilled gunfighter has actually little to do with...... what makes the difference is nerve and an 'I don't give a shit attitude' coupled with a certain percentage of bullshitis and subterfuge....once you have reached a certain age.

Because a 10 gauge express at 30 paces will take the starch out of anybody.

That's all the compensation one needs  to deal with a Walker Navy or Colt....at that range

The Duke knew that as well.....and I know....... because I am old cowboy.Wink

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 28-May-2011 at 00:09

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jun-2011 at 19:01

What if Kid Shaleen came to town (with his underage hooker girlfriend Sissy but minus the Dirty Dozen)?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2011 at 20:39

Or Jeff Bridges accompanied by his goats?
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2011 at 01:37
The Kid was only sober once then got off a lucky shot....Rooster on the other hand was a killer especially when drunk...this is the other side of John Wesley Hardin.

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12