Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islamophobia: the new antisemitism?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamophobia: the new antisemitism?
    Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 17:48
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

I don't know what you guys think, this is a quite dead end topic. Let's talk about something like the fear that the European race is going to be extinct in the next few decades due to immigration. Is that a legitimate fear or is just some extremist right fear mongering? Frankly I see that the logistics are there since Europeans rarely have more than two children whilst African/Asian/Arabs usually have at least 4 or more. Tell me what you think

I agree and the fact is that not all Muslims are Semitic, such as, Muslims in Indonesia, Thailand, or Albania so this put this whole premise to questions.

I don't think they will become extinct but a minority in their own native lands. It is a cultural conflict and which will win out in the long run? It is a reality that Europe will face without unchecked immigration but in many ways it is their own fault for not having enough children. At least the Muslims value the family but will sharia law become dominate? Time will tell but I believe it is a potential threat to Europe and the Americas and to deny this threat is foolish. Who knows maybe the world will end 2012-

http://www.e-grammes.gr/turkman.htm

Edited by eaglecap - 11-Apr-2011 at 13:56
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 18:49
The concept is a leftist argument that you often run across. It's a  racist argument. The idea that the west is populated and divided by Whites and non-whites is racist. In the USA, we have whites, non euro whites, blacks, eastern, orient and hispanic peoples. The racist argument says something like 'in 30 years whites will be a minority'. When you read the definition of minority you find that it is a minority to non-whites. That is racist. We are not white and non-white, but several races. it will be a long time, if ever, before the hispanics outnumber euros in the US. Blacks are already behind the hispanics.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 19:37
Originally posted by unclefred

The concept is a leftist argument that you often run across. It's a  racist argument. The idea that the west is populated and divided by Whites and non-whites is racist. In the USA, we have whites, non euro whites, blacks, eastern, orient and hispanic peoples. The racist argument says something like 'in 30 years whites will be a minority'. When you read the definition of minority you find that it is a minority to non-whites. That is racist. We are not white and non-white, but several races. it will be a long time, if ever, before the hispanics outnumber euros in the US. Blacks are already behind the hispanics.

The concept is a leftist argument that you often run across.

yes, that is so true and the liberals usually bring up the race card if you don't agree with them.

If you are against illegal immigration and for border security then you hate all Mexicans or if you take a stance against radical or really orthodox Islam then you hate all Muslims. If you are against the Islamization of Europe then you are a racist because the Muslims have brown skin. I spent time in Turkiye and I know this is not true but they always use the race card to win an argument or really silence you.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 19:44
Obviously it is a cultural thing, but also race-related since almost all Muslims are not US/EU. I think if these leftists can pull out such a card then perhaps they should consider a long-term solution that involves all these immigrants slowly going back to their homelands. You see, they do not want that either because it is against their interest as well. A lot of menial labour is done by immigrants and also the fact that returning them to their homelands (them willing of course) involves making their homelands an enjoyable place to live in. They would rather have dictators ruling your country, draining resources into trade and other international investment leading to increased illiteracy which leads to cheap labour.
Timidi mater non flet
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2011 at 20:00
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

Obviously it is a cultural thing, but also race-related since almost all Muslims are not US/EU. I think if these leftists can pull out such a card then perhaps they should consider a long-term solution that involves all these immigrants slowly going back to their homelands. You see, they do not want that either because it is against their interest as well. A lot of menial labour is done by immigrants and also the fact that returning them to their homelands (them willing of course) involves making their homelands an enjoyable place to live in. They would rather have dictators ruling your country, draining resources into trade and other international investment leading to increased illiteracy which leads to cheap labour.

Quite apt Baal. Thumbs Up

As then those same leftists can enjoy the benefits of not only their delusional agendas imo, but also those closely aligned. Which among many things include: redistribution of wealth...massive government intrusion....creation of classes within the classless society they promote.... destruction of any religious beliefs by hiding behind the facade of protecting whichever is the most in the media as long as its not Christainity or Judaism. With the eventual secularization and destruction of all... and of course the ability to hire a lawn guy at discount rates.Wink

All the while, chuckling in the hallowed halls of academia or the elitis countyclub scene they abound in... reveling in their own cupidity and the ignorance of the masses....which they would willing continue to suborn thru their duplicitious natures.

Oh yes twas apt indeed.

Thanks
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2011 at 20:45
Originally posted by eaglecap

Looks like we don't agree my English friend.
Playing the victim card when in fact their own persecution of Christians and Jews is far, far, far greater than anything you will find in Europe or America. I can start listing them if you want like from sources like persecution.org. Looking at currents events it is no wonder many Europeans and Americans distrust certain Muslim groups. They need to clean out their own closet first and yes your political and religious beliefs are not my business but it helps me understand more where you are coming from but that is fine. America is my country and a sovereign nation and it is our right to allow whoever we want to enter but anyone who loves America is welcome, Muslim & non-Muslim alike. In the words of Michael Savage we have the right to protect our; borders, language and culture. If they want to assimilate and become Americans then I welcome those Muslims, we also welcome their conttributions. America has had it problems in prejudice but we have come a long way but we are still imperfect but still much better than 40 years ago. Muslims are treated no different than anyone else here and yes you get a few prejudice people but most Americans are very tolerant of them. Black also have their own share of prejudice but once again you play the victim card for them. Most Americans are tolerant and race is not as big of a issue but can we change more –yes.
We still have a few intolerant people on, from all races, but they are a minority.

The final part of Eagle's argument is wrong: the French ghettos full of poor North African immigrants are no worse than the London council estates. Social class and family connections, not religion or race, determine who can safely enter the ghetto. It was the same 100 years ago in parts of the East End: criminals were safe here as they could shelter in the houses of friends and relatives who had a longstanding mistrust of the authorities. These places are dangerous areas not because of "Muslims" but because there are a lot of angry young men living close together and forming gangs for their own protection

I will try and find the time to demonstrate that it is about radical Islam and sharia law. Not all Muslims, of course, support that but I have read enough sources that point to the fact that it is religious in nature. How many are in France illegally?

I have Muslim friends in Turkiye and their religion is not a factor to me because they are not in the least extreme.

is this tolerance my friend?

Saudi Arabia: Eritrean Christian facing death penalty for sharing his faith with Muslims

Pakistan: Misunderstanders of Islam tell Christian "convert or die"

Bangladesh: Dozens injured as Misunderstanders of Islam protest against women's rights

Nigeria: Muslim mob storms three Christian villages, murders at least two people over alleged Qur'an desecration

Here is a good video from a Muslim group in America- a group I respect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpRgqDMrD4M

The American Islamic Forum for Democracy
http://www.aifdemocracy.org/

another great group of Muslims:
http://muslimsagainstsharia.blogspot.com/

The Europeans have persecuted Jews for far longer and on a much larger scale: expulsons in the Middle Ages, pogroms in Russia and the Holocaust in Germany.
Are these the same Americans who feared communists from the 1950s-90s and whose grandparents were involved in the lynching of blacks? The same Americans who continue to distrust Russia while supporting military dictatorships and insurgents with dubious democratic credentials? Sadly, paranoia has become deeply entrenched in white American society, stemming from fear of the other.
What is American culture? It is a melting pot in which one comes out of many. Why should it just be the Muslims, blacks and Mexicans who are forced to conform to a society created by white colonists? I haven't heard any demands for Irish-Americans to stop celebrating St Patrick's Day, drinking guinness, dancing to traditional music and worshipping the pope. Muslims have the same right to preserve their culture. Over time, they too will integrate and elements of their culture will enter the mainstream
Even a few bigots is too many. Evangelical Christians like Pastor Jones claim Islam is devilish (despite Muslims worshipping the same God and following the teachings of the same prophets). After 9/11 there were demands to put Muslims in internment camps and damage to the property of Arab-Americans. The fact is Islamophobia is far more widespread than your statistics would have me believe: how many hate crimes go unreported? Look at all the reactionaries in the Tea Party attacking Obama on the assumption that because he is black his political agenda is radical, dangerous or "un-American." This is highly amusing as the ancestors of these Mad Hatters massacred the original Americans and stole their land (must be why modern conservatives are so pro-Zionist as the settlers in the West Bank are doing the exact same thing to the Palestinians)
Why is sharia law seen as evil? Because punishments fit the crime? Similar solutions were carried out in our own society, including whippings, mutilation and execution. Islam is not to blame for the implementation of the law any more than Christianity is in early modern states. Earthly rulers were responsible for implementing these laws as they used scripture to consolidate their power. In some instances sharia-type punishments (like Christian church-courts) may be beneficial if applied to crimes not covered by our own laws (such as accusations of adultery or blasphemy within the religious community) and limited to fines of varying degrees of severity
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2011 at 21:03
Originally posted by Nick1986

The Europeans have persecuted Jews for far longer and on a much larger scale: expulsons in the Middle Ages, pogroms in Russia and the Holocaust in Germany.

Interesting to note that the Jews of Spain underwent a golden age under the Moors... Indeed, Christians certainly have a bad history of persecuting Jews, definitely more so than Muslims.

Edited by Arab - 07-Apr-2011 at 21:07
"Prayer is when you talk to God. Insanity is when you talk to God and he answers back."
Van_Möck View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Van_Möck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2011 at 07:48

[...]

Are these the same Americans who feared communists from the 1950s-90s and whose grandparents were involved in the lynching of blacks? The same Americans who continue to distrust Russia while supporting military dictatorships and insurgents with dubious democratic credentials? Sadly, paranoia has become deeply entrenched in white American society, stemming from fear of the other.
What is American culture? It is a melting pot in which one comes out of many. Why should it just be the Muslims, blacks and Mexicans who are forced to conform to a society created by white colonists? I haven't heard any demands for Irish-Americans to stop celebrating St Patrick's Day, drinking guinness, dancing to traditional music and worshipping the pope. Muslims have the same right to preserve their culture. Over time, they too will integrate and elements of their culture will enter the mainstream
Even a few bigots is too many. Evangelical Christians like Pastor Jones claim Islam is devilish (despite Muslims worshipping the same God and following the teachings of the same prophets). After 9/11 there were demands to put Muslims in internment camps and damage to the property of Arab-Americans. The fact is Islamophobia is far more widespread than your statistics would have me believe: how many hate crimes go unreported? Look at all the reactionaries in the Tea Party attacking Obama on the assumption that because he is black his political agenda is radical, dangerous or "un-American." This is highly amusing as the ancestors of these Mad Hatters massacred the original Americans and stole their land (must be why modern conservatives are so pro-Zionist as the settlers in the West Bank are doing the exact same thing to the Palestinians)
Why is sharia law seen as evil? Because punishments fit the crime? Similar solutions were carried out in our own society, including whippings, mutilation and execution. Islam is not to blame for the implementation of the law any more than Christianity is in early modern states. Earthly rulers were responsible for implementing these laws as they used scripture to consolidate their power. In some instances sharia-type punishments (like Christian church-courts) may be beneficial if applied to crimes not covered by our own laws (such as accusations of adultery or blasphemy within the religious community) and limited to fines of varying degrees of severity

Most of your post is what is called a "Tu quoque".
There is no use in argumenting in a way that aims to discredit Americans since we have just the same problem in Europe as well.
Justifying the sharia law with similar customs that were usual in Europe hundreds of years ago is really rather a counterargument than anything else.
The last part about accusations of adultery you have to explain in more detail. From how I undestand it I could not disagree more, especially about the blasphemy laws.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2011 at 08:03
Regarding blasphemy and adultery: If both judge and plaintiff consent to it, there are witnesses present and the punishments are limited to fines or community service, what would the problem be? I'm not advocating stoning or beheading criminals (if they do commit a crime worthy of execution it should be as quick and painless as possible)
Van_Möck View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Van_Möck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2011 at 08:07
So basically you want to override the constitutions if I am not mistaken?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2011 at 08:23
Similar laws were in place in both Britain and America until the late 17th century in the form of church-courts which predate both our constitutions (but whose powers were tightly restricted). These had no official power to punish (with the exception of depriving priests of their position) but they were able to levy fines for petty crimes like slander. They eventually fell into disuse as the crimes they traditionally judged were transferred to the secular courts. However, changes resulted in the legalisation of adultery, meaning the courts no longer punished it as a crime.
In the modern age there should be a similar secularised institution (with the option of a cleric to serve as judge should the defendant and plaintiff both request it) to try lawsuits not covered by our existing laws. Failure to punish these crimes has aroused a lot of resentment and caused many to believe our society encourages immorality
Van_Möck View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Van_Möck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2011 at 08:42

Similar laws were in place in both Britain and America until the late 17th century in the form of church-courts which predate both our constitutions (but whose powers were tightly restricted). These had no official power to punish (with the exception of depriving priests of their position) but they were able to levy fines for petty crimes like slander. They eventually fell into disuse as the crimes they traditionally judged were transferred to the secular courts. However, changes resulted in the legalisation of adultery, meaning the courts no longer punished it as a crime.
In the modern age there should be a similar secularised institution (with the option of a cleric to serve as judge should the defendant and plaintiff both request it) to try lawsuits not covered by our existing laws. Failure to punish these crimes has aroused a lot of resentment and caused many to believe our society encourages immorality

You are turning in circles.
300 years ago it was seen as honourable to attack other countries as a political tool.
Should we return to that as well?

There is one part about your post that I agree with though. And that is "They eventually fell into disuse as the crimes they traditionally judged were transferred to the secular courts."
And why did they? Because we have agreed by constitution that it is the state who has to decide about jurisdiction, and not some self-proclaimed people with an ideology.

What you present as enrichment and enhancement of our culture is actually giving a part of the states authority away. And where does this authority stem from? It is granted to the state by the voters, who elect their chosen representatives, not some random spiritual leaders. It is this system that the people living in a democracy have agreed on and that is the fundamental principle of our societies.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2011 at 09:24
Originally posted by Van_Möck

You are turning in circles.
300 years ago it was seen as honourable to attack other countries as a political tool.
Should we return to that as well?

Return to it? The madmen in government are still doing it and (more worryingly) a considerable section of the population still support these stupid, pointless wars

Originally posted by Van_Möck

There is one part about your post that I agree with though. And that is "They eventually fell into disuse as the crimes they traditionally judged were transferred to the secular courts."

And why did they? Because we have agreed by constitution that it is the state who has to decide about jurisdiction, and not some self-proclaimed people with an ideology.What you present as enrichment and enhancement of our culture is actually giving a part of the states authority away. And where does this authority stem from? It is granted to the state by the voters, who elect their chosen representatives, not some random spiritual leaders. It is this system that the people living in a democracy have agreed on and that is the fundamental principle of our societies.

Why would taking away central authority be a bad thing? Removing local decision-making is a step on the path to totalitarianism. At the local level if a judge abuses his powers he can be sacked. But who will police the government? State authority predates democracy: all these laws were created centuries ago by unelected tyrants and dictators (Roman occupiers and ancient kings) to control the people. Some were beneficial (prohibitions on stealing and killing) while others were exploitative. Ideally, every decision would be made and implemented in the counties by popularly elected local authorities answering to the government (similar to states' rights in the US) as not every law can be applied to everyone (example: city-dwellers would support gun control but small-town folk would oppose it)
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2011 at 14:09

Looks like we don't agree my English friend.
Playing the victim card when in fact their own persecution of Christians and Jews is far, far, far greater than anything you will find in Europe or America. I can start listing them if you want like from sources like persecution.org. Looking at currents events it is no wonder many Europeans and Americans distrust certain Muslim groups. They need to clean out their own closet first and yes your political and religious beliefs are not my business but it helps me understand more where you are coming from but that is fine. America is my country and a sovereign nation and it is our right to allow whoever we want to enter but anyone who loves America is welcome, Muslim & non-Muslim alike. In the words of Michael Savage we have the right to protect our; borders, language and culture. If they want to assimilate and become Americans then I welcome those Muslims, we also welcome their conttributions. America has had it problems in prejudice but we have come a long way but we are still imperfect but still much better than 40 years ago. Muslims are treated no different than anyone else here and yes you get a few prejudice people but most Americans are very tolerant of them. Black also have their own share of prejudice but once again you play the victim card for them. Most Americans are tolerant and race is not as big of a issue but can we change more –yes.
We still have a few intolerant people on, from all races, but they are a minority.

The final part of Eagle's argument is wrong: the French ghettos full of poor North African immigrants are no worse than the London council estates. Social class and family connections, not religion or race, determine who can safely enter the ghetto. It was the same 100 years ago in parts of the East End: criminals were safe here as they could shelter in the houses of friends and relatives who had a longstanding mistrust of the authorities. These places are dangerous areas not because of "Muslims" but because there are a lot of angry young men living close together and forming gangs for their own protection

I will try and find the time to demonstrate that it is about radical Islam and sharia law. Not all Muslims, of course, support that but I have read enough sources that point to the fact that it is religious in nature. How many are in France illegally?

I have Muslim friends in Turkiye and their religion is not a factor to me because they are not in the least extreme.

is this tolerance my friend?

Saudi Arabia: Eritrean Christian facing death penalty for sharing his faith with Muslims

Pakistan: Misunderstanders of Islam tell Christian "convert or die"

Bangladesh: Dozens injured as Misunderstanders of Islam protest against women's rights

Nigeria: Muslim mob storms three Christian villages, murders at least two people over alleged Qur'an desecration

Here is a good video from a Muslim group in America- a group I respect

The American Islamic Forum for Democracy
http://www.aifdemocracy.org/

another great group of Muslims:
http://muslimsagainstsharia.blogspot.com/

I will be glad to come back to this when I have time and state why I don't agree or where I may I agree. I have an upcoming lecture about Alexander the Great so my time is occupied.

But you might enjoy this video
Dr. Zuhdi Jasser's testimony before the Committee on Homeland Security

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2011 at 21:55
I look forward to it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12