Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

11 AD.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tokarski21 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tokarski21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11 AD.
    Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 16:11
As we make our way through 2011, I thought it might be interesting to imagine what we might have seen on the news 2000 years ago.

Hope you enjoy it.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 16:50
That was special...nice work.

CV
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 18:37
You have talent, friend Tokarski
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2011 at 18:40
Jay Leno have never invited guests,you have invited inside your show!

Edited by medenaywe - 26-Mar-2011 at 02:58
Alesayr View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Alesayr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2011 at 05:25
That was brilliant. Absolutely stunning work in bringing history to a more mainstream audience.

Things sure haven't changed much... Oil, war, fashion and floods. Still happening in 2011 I'm afraid. We sure haven't learnt the lessons of history.
ALLAN View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote ALLAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2011 at 21:28
Originally posted by tokarski21

As we make our way through 2011, I thought it might be interesting to imagine what we might have seen on the news 2000 years ago.

Hope you enjoy it.
You're a true artist.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2011 at 21:55
I enjoy such things also, but is there any reason to believe that our poster tokarski21, is the creator?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 01:31
Is their any reason to not believe it's his work?
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

tokarski21 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote tokarski21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 12:20
Yes, I did put it together, and that's my smiling face on the camera.  I've been doing these history videos on youtube for 4 years now, and about a year ago I came up with History's Headlines.  Right now there are 8 episodes,  but what I'd really like to do is get someone at a network interested in reworking it as a half hour weekly show with a real budget.  Imagine a news program with cameras and reporters in the field reliving these moments in history.  I'd watch it.  

So that's the dream.  I know the odds of that ever happening are pretty slim, but I keep trying anyway - and I really appreciate all the great comments from you.  Thanks for watching, and if you know anyone in the business, here's a link to a site where I'm promoting the show:

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2011 at 15:41
Well, I did enjoy it, and I certainly would support some effort to continue it at a higher level.

Good luck, since I have so few funds, my local pawn shop is now one of my "favorite places!"

regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply