Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PKK

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What should they be concidered?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [64.29%]
5 [35.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PKK
    Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 12:41
Since the kurdish topic sucked....
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 13:03
terrorists.
but that does not justify the actions the Turkish government commited against the Kurds.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 13:19
Of course
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 13:34
Or both?
Employing the wrong methods for an ultimately just cause?
I'm pretty sure, that in the war between the Turkish army and the Kurdish PKK forces, atrocities have been committed on both sides.See Beylerbeyi's post in the other Kurdish thread.
The fact that one side is a regular army and the other one a guerilla, doesn't make the first one little angels and the latter terrorists or vice versa.
So, in this war, either both are terrorists or both are not.
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 15:04

My view is that without justifyng the cause turkish soldiers have gone through alot.Stabbing babies is diffrent,executing on sight is diffrent.the other side is armed)

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 15:19
The PKK (Partiya Karkeren Kurdistan) was established in 1978. Its founder was Abdullah Ocalan. Its ideology is based on Marxism. It seeks to establish a Kurdistan state out of southeastern Turkey. Ocalan fled Turkey in 1980 and took refuge in Syria.

The external center of the PKK operates through the National Liberation Front of Kurdistan (Eniya Rizgariya Netewa Kurdistan-ERNK) which was established on March 21, 1985. The ERNK started to operate after 1989 when the European countries opened their doors and allowed it to flourish in their territories.

The PKK describes the duties of the ERNK in Europe under ten headings, on a document titled "The Mass Character of our Party and the Front", dated 1988. In this document, special emphasis are given to these four issues:

1. Mass activities (Press meetings, raids, occupations, etc.)

2. Activities targeting Turkey:

a. Determining on cadres and sending them to become fighters,

b. Carrying out combat training,

c. Sending fighting forces to Turkey,

d. Providing logistic support,

e. Organizing links between those in Europe and in Syria.

f. Maintaining contacts with other armed groups.

g. Maintaining contacts with groups in prisons.

3. Working on intelligence and party security activities

4. Creating financial resources for the movement (narcotics trafficking, extortion, etc.)

The PKK's drug trafficking is a major source of its finances, which in turn funds arms for terroristic activities. On 16 November 1994, the UN Sixth Committee, with Turkeys immense support, has adopted a resolution under the title "Measures to eliminate international terrorism" which has been also adopted by the General Assembly by consensus, as decision No: 49/60.

PKK continues its attacks aiming at undermining the authority and effectiveness of the Turkish Republic, such as assaults on teachers and village guards.Turkey is in a struggle against the PKK for its territorial integrity and for the protection of its citizens.

Edited by Seko
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 16:10
Them, yes, they are terrorists. just like Hezb-allah of Palestine/Lebanon.

What's PKK short for again?
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 17:08
Kurdish Workers Party IIRC (Partiya Karkeren Kurdistan).
Arrrgh!!"
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 20:23
Originally posted by aknc

Than how come it's still active unlike my Palestinian one?
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 21:11
Originally posted by RED GUARD

Originally posted by aknc

Than how come it's still active unlike my Palestinian one? )
You'll need the same emotion as well
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
 Post Reply Post Reply