Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saladin - need some shots!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Konstantinhaunstrup View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Konstantinhaunstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saladin - need some shots!
    Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 17:15
Hey guys, I'm working on my presentation on Saladin and I seem to be missing som pictures of the man.
I am especially looking for some.. well.. funny pictures
AND! (If you have seen kingdom of heaven(of course you have)), some pictures of him raising the cross, after he takes Jerusalem. 

Cheers!
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 17:21
Konstantinhaunstrup, uug! That is quite a mouthful!

Perhaps I can find some? I think I have one with him wearing a cloak covered in the "fleur dis Lys!"

Standby for more!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Konstantinhaunstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 17:31
Thanks! Would be terrific! :) 
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 17:46
Actually Konstan (may I shorten your screen name to that?) it exists within a book I have! My problem is that I am (being extreemly old) do not yet understand how to move a scan of the depiction to this site!

And, I have never had much success with anyone here being able to march me thru the process step by step!

But, let me see? I actually think that I did it one time, but it may actually be my memory,or if I did it, I cannot remember how!

But, suffice it to say, it is a depiction of him after the Battle of Hattin!
Prosit! Or however you say it in your language?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 17:55
Please look up some conversation concerning this very representation in the thread entitled "Standards! Are they what we think?"

Janissary
Janissary

Quote Konstantinhaunstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 18:09
You may shorten as you please :) Yes, I'm also more of a book person, actually why I made the Topic. But Thanks Opuslola :)
- yes, "Prosit" is correct :D

Edited by Konstantinhaunstrup - 23-Nov-2010 at 18:11
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2010 at 22:32
I am merely a product of my place of residence! But computer systems are by far the product of my children and not me! Therefore, I merely am mostly able to produce the product of my typing and my understanding of the English language!
So, please be patient with me?
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Konstantinhaunstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2010 at 03:29
Will be patient :)
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2010 at 22:39
Konstan----, etc., I have been trying to find my original source, but I seem to have lent it to someone, but with my poor memory, I am not sure who?

But, that is only half of the problem, if indeed I do recover the source material, I have very little chance of being able to exhibit them on this site, even after using my new scanner, since I do not really understand the guides of this site referring to even posting an internet site, much less downloading a copy of something!

Sorry, but I have tried it before with failed results mostly!

It seems modern internet sites, such as this one, assume that the user has "powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men!?"

Will keep you posted!
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Konstantinhaunstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2010 at 06:34
Thanks for the try! :) I did my project on Saladin, so you don't need to worry about it.:)
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2010 at 19:14
So, just how did "Project Saladin" end? Could you post it here for our review?

Hope you did well?

It might be even a good thing that you did not have my representation to display? Perhaps the good professor would have been embarrassed?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 03-Dec-2010 at 19:19
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Konstantinhaunstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2010 at 08:10
Hey Opuslola!
It went pretty good.

My main concern was Saladins legacy.
That is - why so many modern authors now a days try to present Saladin as one of the greatest military leaders ever. For example as we see him in Arn and Kingdom of Heaven.
So I looked into a lot of temporary sources, like Baha ad-Din ibn Shaddad. Compared his stories about Saladin and the historical facts. 
In short terms, my conclusion was that: the Saladin we know today is a product of the need for a muslim leader in temporary times, mainly by Shaddad. Through various glorified stories, Saladins legacy still affect us today and we think of him as Shaddad wants us to think of him. And that it is important to remember, when we work with historical persons, the fact that there is an actual person and a product of the temporary sources. :)
(and some more.. you know the usual university small talk.)

- Sorry if my english is bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply