Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you put maps about Kurds and Kurdistan ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kurdish_Fire View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kurdish_Fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you put maps about Kurds and Kurdistan ?
    Posted: 28-Jun-2010 at 07:22
Hi Everybody I need some maps which can show place of Kurds and Kurdistan It doesn`t matter in which empire
The Death cannot scare us
New Corduene View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote New Corduene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2010 at 14:51
Yeah, sure;

Altar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Altar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2011 at 16:37
a dream land :)  which does not exist.... one day maybe ha? when the red snow falls :))))
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Arab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2011 at 03:53
I remember you started a thread about this a while ago in which you posted these maps:

The first one was made by Mahmud al-Kashgari in 1074 and shows a place called "Ard el-Ekrad" which means "Land of the Kurds" in Arabic. The second is an Ottoman map from 1893 and shows a large area called Kurdistan.

I found this map from 1721 showing a place called "Curdistan".
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2011 at 20:20
Funny isn't it, just how many ways just one old place can be spelled? I have already proposed that the word "Kurd" is descriptive of the main diet of those people who inhabited the area! Perhaps, I should have written "Curd?" As in "Curds and Whey?"

Can you, for instance, show me that I am wrong?

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2011 at 04:48
Originally posted by opuslola

Funny isn't it, just how many ways just one old place can be spelled? I have already proposed that the word "Kurd" is descriptive of the main diet of those people who inhabited the area! Perhaps, I should have written "Curd?" As in "Curds and Whey?"

Can you, for instance, show me that I am wrong?

Regards,
Sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense. It is just a name. People don’t ask why we call some people of Iberian Peninsula Portuguese and their land Portugal. And where did the name ‘Iberian’ come from? Why do we call Sun Sun and why blue is blue and green is green?

The ancient name for Kurdistan: Karduniash appeared more than 3,500 years ago, when the Hurrians ('Guti, Mitanni and Kassites' = ARYANS! ) gained control of all Mesopotamia (Babylon).

I think that the name 'Kurdistan' existed even before some genius people from the Mesopotamia introduced / invented the writing system!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 26-Feb-2011 at 04:52
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2011 at 05:03
The New Middle East

Edited by MediaWarLord - 26-Feb-2011 at 05:06
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Oct-2011 at 14:44
Exclamation Please Attention

*Ignoration of Kurds entity in Anatolia is a sample of extreme Turkish nationalism
*Try to show more huge Kurdistan and more Kurdish population than reality are also samples of extreme Kurdish nationalism.

LampMinorities want to be seen bigger, Majorities want to see them more smaller

example map of extreme Kurdish nationalism;

From Syrian Kurds conference in US Senate building

-------------------------------------------
about map issue

Ottoman Kurdistan

Next maps show Kurdistan more clearly. However, Lake Van and close lands are also in Armenia too (West Armenia) and Today, Kurds'(Kurds of Turkey) symbolic capital Diyarbakır/Amed isn't in Ottoman Kurdistan Region

1856 (Lake Van isn't in Kurdistan in this map)

same map, all Ottoman Empire

Modern Kurdistan

According to USA military, but this map also shows bigger kurdistan than reality, Tabriz(Iran Azeris city) and Artvin(black sea cost) which is definately unrelated with Kurdish culture or historical Kurdistan are in Kurdistan)

one of the major factor of North Kurdistan/Turkish Kurdistan is Zaza people, are they Kurd or not? I know some Zaza who hate call as Kurd

Political Maps about Kurds in Turkey

The biggest map, general election 2002. darkgreen(I don't know how can I call that colour)-seperated dark green province is Zaza land.
http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosya:2002_T%C3%BCrkiye_genel_se%C3%A7im_sonu%C3%A7lar%C4%B1.svg

Last election 2011-Zaza people not always have same political perspective(now they are red) with Kurds and also about north side of political kurdish movement is not located in always so north. Light green party is turkish nationalist party.
http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosya:2011_T%C3%BCrkiye_genel_se%C3%A7im_sonu%C3%A7lar%C4%B1.svg

Edited by Ollios - 19-Oct-2011 at 09:57
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
 Post Reply Post Reply