Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

weirdest reason of war?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adaptation View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Adaptation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weirdest reason of war?
    Posted: 04-Jun-2010 at 20:39
I started this because apparently the reason for French invasion of Algeria(called algier back then), was that one of the french diplomat was hit by a ''fan'', which france took insult to and asked for apology's, which never came - and then came the french invasion.

Of course, don't get me wrong, thats just an excuse for blatant imperialism, but i still find funny that it is one of the reason given for that conflict.

I also stumbled on the pig war - apparently a war between British canada and America in 1959 after a pig was shot.

And:
The War of the Stray Dog (1925). On the tense border between Greece and Bulgarian Macedonia, a dog strayed away from the Greek soldier who had adopted it and crossed the border. The soldier chased after it and was shot by a Bulgarian guard. Infuriated, Greek soldiers stormed across the border. More than fifty soldiers were killed before the League of Nations intervened and stopped the hostilities.

Any others?
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2010 at 04:55
Canadian Bacon LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply