Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yellowstone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yellowstone
    Posted: 25-Jan-2010 at 13:03
Yellowstone is active again and according to one Geologist there has been 900 earthqaukes at Yellowstone in the last two months. Hope and pray it does not erupt because current events will no longer matter if she blows.

It was brought up on the late night talk radio show www.coasttocoastam.com

Will she erupt?   

I do not think so but Saint Helens had a lot of earthqaukes prior to eruption. I have been to this great park several times.

http://www.youtube.com/v/NQa1l-_Zplg&hl=en&fs=1

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/supervolcano/under/under.html
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2010 at 17:40
Even though, most all of my family is without the zone of the last major eruption, one cannot figure if the next one will be either lessor or greator than the last ones!~

Thus, keep your weapons oiled and your desire to live, fore-warned!

I actually know of a home in Memphis that was designed to resist a close nuke! Maybe, by now, most people there have forgotten it? But, it was designed well, and maybe it may offer some one a good shelter?

But, since I live within 1500 feet of the ocean, I feel good about a nuclear winter!

Since I "out gun" most every neighbor, I could well exist for a long time just upon their left overs! Laugh! Well, there is nothing else one can to but laugh in front of the "end of the world" scenerio?

Edited by opuslola - 25-Jan-2010 at 17:44
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
zenn View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote zenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2010 at 07:11
do they have legitimate siezmographic charts showing an increase of both frequency and intensity at yellowstone?
If so, even though I am not expert by any stretch, it surely would indicate a need to release some energy, and unfortunately, that area has had some catastrophic levels of energy releases in the past.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2010 at 09:56
Originally posted by zenn

do they have legitimate siezmographic charts showing an increase of both frequency and intensity at yellowstone?
If so, even though I am not expert by any stretch, it surely would indicate a need to release some energy, and unfortunately, that area has had some catastrophic levels of energy releases in the past.

The USGS has several sites specifically related to Yellowstone.

Historically Yellowstone has always been seismically active.  When the first survey team went in[1870's]  they called their camp "camp earthquake". Typically in a year, there can be 1,000's of small quakes.  They only count those of 2.5 or higher.
Scientists also have figured out why the domes keep rising and falling.  It's related to ground water movement.

The last known energy release was approx. 70,000 YA. there are fossil magma flows attesting to this.  The last known full scale eruption was 640,000 YA.  It spit out 300 cubic miles of ash and rock. And no, that number isn't an error, actually its a more conservative est. 

zenn View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote zenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2010 at 12:30
Okay, once again, not only am I not an expert, I'm not even an amateur or hobbyist in the field, but this 'swarm' seems too localized to indicate this things going to blow.

Post Reply Post Reply