Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy does Turkey not recognize the 1915 ge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Nomad View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does Turkey not recognize the 1915 ge
    Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 20:01

Do not blame the other people who hate you. There are many reasons why they do.

Turkey always occupied other people's land. Even now it still occupies land formerly belonging to Armenians, Greeks, and Persians. How do you expect these people to like you?

Let's turn things around. Let's say that....your country, turkey, is taken over by some other power with a different religion than yours. Imagine that you were forced to adopt the new power's religion, if not you were beheaded. Imagine that the invaders could at anytime walk into your home, rape your wives and sisters, take your possessions, and take your children to be sold as slaves. The only life for you would be to work from dawn to dusk for the local ruler who took your land. If you show any resistance throughout all this, you would be impaled alive. And this is your people's fate for 500 years.

Tell me now, will you not hate these people??
- Have a vision not clouded by fear -
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 20:33
From Armenian genocide, I see that the turks turn it around to a Kurdish genocide, caused by armenians! like the turks even CARE about the present day kurds in their country!
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 01:20

Originally posted by Nomad

Turkey always occupied other people's land. Even now it still occupies land formerly belonging to Armenians, Greeks, and Persians. How do you expect these people to like you? ??

Well Bulgars were a Turkic tribe too.   Just read history.

Anatolia is not the land of Greeks, Armenians or Persians. They only ruled this lands for a period of time. As being Turk today we also have the heritage of Trojans and many others who has been attacked by Greek outsiders coming other side of the Agean Sea to invade.

Moreover Turks are not the only conquerors of the world and you cannot judge them by today's values.  

Let's turn things around. Let's say that....your country, turkey, is taken over by some other power with a different religion than yours. Imagine that you were forced to adopt the new power's religion, if not you were beheaded.

Do you claim that Turks did all of these during 500 years, half of a millenium? And you still preserve your religion? Use your mind please. 

Imagine that the invaders could at anytime walk into your home, rape your wives and sisters, take your possessions, and take your children to be sold as slaves.

Exaggerated things. Where did you read all of these craps? I hope not in your school books.

The only life for you would be to work from dawn to dusk for the local ruler who took your land. If you show any resistance throughout all this, you would be impaled alive. And this is your people's fate for 500 years.

Tell me now, will you not hate these people

Where did you read this?

Originally posted by Stratagos

From Armenian genocide, I see that the turks turn it around to a Kurdish genocide, caused by armenians! like the turks even CARE about the present day kurds in their country! ??

First of all those areas that we are talking about are mostly populated by Turks now and at the past even after Armenian killings.

Armenians killed Kurds too but real massacre has been conducted on Turks since they are the majority in the area.

Some people think that how Armenians could kill such large Turkish community. The answer is very simple Ottoman army was fighting against Russians on east, against British and French armies on the west in Gallipoli and against British army on south at the same time. Turkish men were in service to defend their country on the other hand Armenian men were in service of enemies to form a Greater Armenia. They could easily attacked and killed Muslim in poorly defended villages, towns.

The important thing here is do we try to show Armenians as monsters? Or are Armenians really a monster? What was the Russian contribution to the issues?

Turks and Russians were fighting with each other during hundred years. In any of the wars we did not get such a large scale civilian massacres done by Russians. There may be some mutual crimes during history but those were locals. In those case Russians could not control Armenian irregulars so we cannot blame Russians. Moreover it is very normal that they will support that kind of revolts but I think they could not guess that Armenians will make a massacre in such scale.

Armenians were not monsters too. Their biggest danger is that they were irregulars and they did not get a military discipline and warrior ethic. As I posted before from an Armenian link the Hunchak Party has declared that they will use terror and agitation to elevate the sprit of Armenian people. They have declared this in 1887. They said that the best time for revolt is when Turkey is engaged into war. They were also calculating that Turkish men will serve in the army and they will easily form militias and act.

This is vulgar!!   

Edited by Alparslan
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 04:23
Originally posted by aknc

Originally posted by Gazi

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

We also see that the Orthodox churches in some parts of modern Turkey still exist without any need to them, but most of Turkish mosques in Balkans are destroyed jelously.

Indeed. As a matter of fact the most recent case was 8 months ago when the Serbs burnt down a 400 year old mosque.But just yesterday I saw an Orthodox church being repaired in Istanbul.

true.The serbians used to burn mosques with muslims in it

The Serbians might have done that during their war for independence but putting people in mosques and burning hem alive was actually done by the Greeks as they withdrew from Anatolia in 1922.

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 04:57

Do you know what happened to the Balkan Turks during the balkan wars?

do you know their exile? i doubt if you were eucated any  about the Bulgarian atrocities in the balkan wars.bacuse it was much more cruel than th greek and serb atrocities.

over 1.5million  Turks were killed ,400.000 had to flee..

There are European scholars who assert that what happened to the Balkan Turks was the first genocide of the 20.century.

Dont talk to me about hatred stuff...if you are really into it,believe me we have much more stuff to hate you.And we dont have to go 1 century back..my life has seen The Jivkov period in Bulgaria

in the past and still today  the stronger has ruled the roost.You can not judge the past with current norms.

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 06:27

Turkey always occupied other people's land. Even now it still occupies land formerly belonging to Armenians, Greeks, and Persians. How do you expect these people to like you?

Armenian land?Greek land?persian land?

The Ottomans did turkey does not.How can someone say that the land belongs to them?What justifies it?You could have been there first.OK.But when another nation has occupied that land for 600 years,too bad.........

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 07:45
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

over 1.5million  Turks were killed ,400.000 had to flee..

There are European scholars who assert that what happened to the Balkan Turks was the first genocide of the 20.century.

[...]

You can not judge the past with current norms.

If you're consequent you should not be angry about the things done to the Turks in the early 20th century. According to you you can't judge it with current norms
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 09:40
My grandparents and great grandparents were refugees from the balkan exile of lost Ottoman lands. They emigrated to Anatolia. They had many good and a few horrendous life threatening stories they told me about. Without their cunning ability to survive, I would not be here today. But do I have a personal grudge for such a past? Absolutely not. So complainers, get over it. Take responsibility for your own destiny and try to get along with your neighbors. It seems as though many of us would like to play oneupmanship.

Edited by Seko
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 10:33

Let's turn things around. Let's say that....your country, turkey, is taken over by some other power with a different religion than yours. Imagine that you were forced to adopt the new power's religion, if not you were beheaded. Imagine that the invaders could at anytime walk into your home, rape your wives and sisters, take your possessions, and take your children to be sold as slaves. The only life for you would be to work from dawn to dusk for the local ruler who took your land. If you show any resistance throughout all this, you would be impaled alive. And this is your people's fate for 500 years.

Turkey didnt occupy others land. In fact, Anatolia belonged to noone. History shows us that Anatolia was always used as a civilization bridge, and colonisation area. Hitites immigrated to Anatolia, Persians invaded Anatolia, and Greeks became to rule some parts of western Anatolia by conquering Trojans or settling with migrations. So most of Anatolia didnt originally belonged to anyone. In fact, nowhere originally belongs to anyone, since all people immigrated to their current national borders.

And about Urartu and Sumerian civilizations. The Urartu language was Asiatic, not indo European or Semitic, and the origins of Sumerian language arent IE or Semitic too.

If you are so hard on this migration and conquest issues, why do you keep on living in western Black Sea lands? You should go back to your ancestor's homeland, in Central Asia, since you are Turkic originated too...

Also, Turkey didnt conquer the foreign lands, Ottoman Empire did, and that was very natural at those times norms, since every strong civilization conquered other lands. Thank Ottoman dynasty for not erasing Bulgarian DNA from Earth, because believe me, they had the power.

Noone was adopted to Islam. Why do you think your family is still Orthodox? The Bosnians choose to be Muslims, because of the Serbian pressure on them before Ottoman rule.

Your hatred is deep inside and nonesense. If you hate a specific nation, you shouldnt try to create artificial lies to support your hatred. And believe me, Turks have more reasons to hate you, but this isnt our culture mess with such people...

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 11:45

Originally posted by Mixcoatl

If you're consequent you should not be angry about the things done to the Turks in the early 20th century. According to you you can't judge it with current norms

Pal,i intented to show him that everyone has got  some reasons  in history to hate another nationality,so it would be ridiculuos.

I wasnt really angry though.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 15:28

Originally posted by strategos

From Armenian genocide, I see that the turks turn it around to a Kurdish genocide, caused by armenians! like the turks even CARE about the present day kurds in their country!

Why should we care?They are equal to he other citizens....

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Nomad View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 19:19

I'm not discussing anything anymore with ignorant and brainwashed people.

This is my last post here

- Have a vision not clouded by fear -
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 04:29

A-haaa.

so  no longer you will  be discussing with yourself here

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 14:42

I'm not discussing anything anymore with ignorant and brainwashed people.

This is my last post here

If i was brainwashed and ignorant it would be MY last post here.We have stated our facts but your words were truly palaver based on things heard from other people.You did not contain one resource or idea to support your claim.Tell me who is ignorant!?

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 14:43
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

A-haaa.

so  no longer you will  be discussing with yourself here

Bravo!

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 19:27
Do not provoke members, he is probably sick of arguing with you..
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 03:07
he insulted us.Who is provoking who?

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 08:43
Apparently no-body wants to discuss any longer, so I think it's better to close this topic.
And because it's slowly turning into a flamewar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123