Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A bias within this Forum ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nuvolari View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nuvolari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A bias within this Forum ?
    Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 13:32
In my recent thread, which centred largely on the monotheistic religions, it rapidly became obvious to me that my beliefs were not adhered to by the majority of members. As far as I am concerned this is entirely acceptable and even welcomed. However,I have, perhaps mistakenly, previously assumed that this forum was largely subscribed to by intelligent,articulate open minded people of a type with whom I would like to have a beer with at my local pub. For all I know,and despite the responses my thread garnered, that may still be the case.  However, and this is the nub of the matter, I have detected several advertisements on this site that indicates to me a positive prediliction or even bias towards a certain religion. If this is the case then I have no wish to participate in any Forum with a definite bias, since my wish is to enjoy the benefits of open and free discussion. If I am correct in assessing this forum to be pre-disposed towards any particular group or religion,
I would be hugely grateful to hae this confirmed or denied to me. Thank you.
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 13:43
I don't know why there are so many Islamic dating adds about, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the forum is hosted in Iran(?) Or at least thats what I thought.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 13:45
you talking about the ones that appear at the bottom of your posts? that isnt the forums work. The adds generate from what seems to be from our word cues, so you get allot of ME dating, islmaic online schools or something from eternalbook dot com. The adds are there because we need the money to run not because we are pushing an agenda. If we didnt need them we would not have them, trust me no one really wants them floating around.

By the way the moderators alone are very diverse. I have no issue saying I am neither Latin 'catholic' , Jewish or muslim. I can have a beer with many people in hereSmile

Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 13:47
I honestly do not see what the big deal is with you and "monotheistic religions."  In the end it seems like you are just unhappy with the responses you received in your questionable thread about Jews.

There are both open- and close-minded people here at All Empires.  Obviously everyone is not going to be the same.  When someone crosses the line and infringes the Code of Conduct in their chosen state of mind, the moderators are here to adjudicate the correct response.

So my suggestion is that you either take what you get, offer a reasonable response when challenged, or don't say anything at all about controversial issues.  You cannot post something controversial and not expect your position to be challenged.

As far as the ads go, yes, no one really wants them, but they are a necessity to keep the forum up and running, despite the content they generate.

I am moving this to Questions and Answers in the mean time.

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 03-Apr-2009 at 13:56
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 16:24
I agree nuvaroli, although I consider adds for islamic dating pretty harmless, I am deeply worried by the agenda that adds such as "the ultimate online medieval strategy gam" push forwards. I am open-minded but I will not accept to be bashed into becoming some sort of condottiere. Medieval knights and their commanders have wracked my country for 100 years, and I feel offended by the fact that some may want to do it again, if only virtually. I will not acept that rape and murder be presented under a positive light on this forum. And for all this I blame Jews... and the hairdressers!
I am a free donkey!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 16:47
Well, I was shocked by an add promoting "Maya astrology" :)

Adds are just adds. Who reads them, anyways?
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 17:07
Ads! AE still have ads? I don't notice them anymore.
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 17:47

So, are you saying, that if someone does not agree with your extrapolation of one Jewish persons actions onto all Jews, then the forums is "monotheistic" biased, and promotes "monotheism"??? Based on a few random banner ads?

nova roma View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote nova roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 18:15
I thought most people these days had some form of ad-blocker enabled?

Oh well...
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 18:30
well we'd better have the ads (not adds sorry) on and check them once in a while, otherwise we will have to pay for AE
I am a free donkey!
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 19:59
Well in response to the key word activated ads I'd just like to say, penis enlarger, gay dating, marital aids, flatulence pills, ugly dating and keep watching the bottom of nuvolari's post.

Edited by Paul - 03-Apr-2009 at 20:00
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 22:09

so far not very effective I have History of J.u.d.a.i.s.m, j.e.w.i.s.h. p.r.o.phyecy and all new k.o.r.e.a (i put the periods so as to avoid to create key words)

PS: penis enlarger, gay dating, marital aids, flatulence pills, ugly dating

I am a free donkey!
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 22:22
penis enlarger, gay dating, marital aids, flatulence pills, ugly dating
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 23:14
Originally posted by Maharbbal

I agree nuvaroli, although I consider adds for islamic dating pretty harmless, I am deeply worried by the agenda that adds such as "the ultimate online medieval strategy gam" push forwards. I am open-minded but I will not accept to be bashed into becoming some sort of condottiere. Medieval knights and their commanders have wracked my country for 100 years, and I feel offended by the fact that some may want to do it again, if only virtually. I will not acept that rape and murder be presented under a positive light on this forum. And for all this I blame Jews... and the hairdressers!
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 23:43
I'll go to the pub with you Nuvolari. I enjoy all your posts regardless of whether happen I agree with them or not.

The ads aren't controlled by the forum, they are controlled by Google Ad sense. They in no way reflect the opinions of the forum, but they do pay for us when they are clicked on.
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 23:46
I learned "How to date an Iranian" - it really works, they say!
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2009 at 23:49
I learnt there are some pretty hot muslim girls out there looking for men.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply