Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phoenician/HIttite Cultures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tullyccro View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tullyccro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phoenician/HIttite Cultures
    Posted: 11-Mar-2009 at 05:49
Wanted to get a new discussion going since there doesn't seem to be much on two of the most influential cultures of antiquity: the Hittites and the Phoenicians.

Here's a link to an excellent introduction to the Hittites, a 2 hr. documentary featured on Google video:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=Hittite&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

What I haven't been able to find, is a similar documentary that discusses theories or the history of the Phoenicians. I'm a big reader, but sometimes I like to relax and take it all in through the tube. I realize that sounds X-rated and questionable, at best, but I don't know how else to put it. How about: I'm a lazy, dumb American, basically, and I want things to be spoon fed to me over the TV screen.

If anyone has any links to any good Phoenician or Hittite documentaries, please let me know. I'm especially fascinated with sea-faring cultures or island cultures during the cycladic and bronze-age period, and beyond.

Cheers,

Post Reply Post Reply