Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English translation of Tarikh al-Sudan?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sundiata View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sundiata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English translation of Tarikh al-Sudan?
    Posted: 08-Feb-2009 at 04:13
Does anyone on here have access to an English translation? It's the primary source for information of medieval history in Sudanic Africa yet the only version I've been able to find was the original Arabic version from internet archives.

http://www.archive.org/download/tarikhalsudan00sadauoft/tarikhalsudan00sadauoft.pdf

I'm aware that John Hunwick published an extended translation in English but it's kind of expensive... If need be I'll purchase the paperback but I'm looking for the convenience of an ebook for now. Would be appreciated if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2009 at 04:45
Moved to Questions and Answers
Sundiata View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Sundiata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2009 at 22:35
^^Sorry about that. Found what I was looking for though so if anybody else had the same interest as me, just send a pm...
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2009 at 22:54
Yes. I have it on my bookshelf.

I was given it as a present so I'll have to find out where I got it from and get back to you. An online supplier in the UK if I remember correctly.
Sundiata View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Sundiata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 01:26
^^If you get around to finding it, let me know which one it is (by whom and where it's from).. May or may not be the one I was talking about. Thanx. 

Edited by Sundiata - 10-Feb-2009 at 01:30
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2012 at 09:20
I'll have a look on google books and see what i can find
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2012 at 19:16
I can't seem to find anything useful online. You might have to buy an English translation on Amazon
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply