Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

...Being 40....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...Being 40....
    Posted: 06-Feb-2009 at 00:51
Originally posted by Spartakus

I am 21 . Sometimes i feel so suppressed and old, although i have not lived anything yet. Other times i feel too young to actually live anything. Shit, i am screwed. 

...take heart my friend...behind my light-hearted postings there is i suppose, the message that getting older is not perhaps what you think it will be, trust me, its never too late for positive things in life to happen, you will preserve a youthful outlook and as long as that remains, any probs you experience now will be dealt with.....its not such a bad thing...

....i can relate to what you have said....i experienced many difficulties when i was younger, ...the pressure of 'doing' something or being 'someone'.....but now, i can understand those times much better but i have not lost that essential feeling of youthfulness....yeah, the body declines slightly, but its manageable........the main difference for me between being young and old, is that getting older means that you get to know yourself better as the time passes, but that is a good thing.....a lot of the pressures of being young is the fact that you have often not had that many years to fathom out just exactly who you are yet and gain many of the fresh perspectives that come with age.......but it comes, it will.... and hell, there is plenty of time and years ahead of you, and my recollections show that being older does not necessarily mean that you have look back with regret or that your inner self changes so drastically that you somehow 'lose' the greater part of the youth you were.....

....there is also no need to 'rush' getting older either, responsibility is in my opinion one of the hardest aspects of life to take on board, and it generally comes with life experience, afterall, being a tad irresponsible when your younger is a fine way to learn about being responsible, its a learning curve, a process that will take its course, and in the meantime, hang in there, try hard to let things go, be yourself and try not let anybody take that away from you or make you be anything you do not want to be.....it does all click eventually...

...apologies if this reads like a lecture, because, hand on my heart, its not....

..take care and all the best....AoO....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2009 at 01:08
Whatever dude, forty! Thats positivly ancient.LOL
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2009 at 06:25
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

..so, any forty-something’s here have any stories, revelations or experiences to tell???

I've only reached 40 three weeks ago. I'm too young to know something about it.
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2009 at 06:50

I'm 36 and dreading 40. There's alot of things I've been putting off, telling myself I can worry about them when I hit that magical number. Now that it's coming on fast, I regret doing that.

I had a really uplifting moment the other day though ... a young girl at the corner store actually carded me when I was buying cigarrettes! It was awesome.

Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2009 at 09:50
Originally posted by gcle2003

Speak for yourself.

Well you have to have some to begin with. Tongue
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2009 at 11:56
Originally posted by Act of Oblivion

...take heart my friend...behind my light-hearted postings there is i suppose, the message that getting older is not perhaps what you think it will be, trust me, its never too late for positive things in life to happen, you will preserve a youthful outlook and as long as that remains, any probs you experience now will be dealt with.....its not such a bad thing...

....i can relate to what you have said....i experienced many difficulties when i was younger, ...the pressure of 'doing' something or being 'someone'.....but now, i can understand those times much better but i have not lost that essential feeling of youthfulness....yeah, the body declines slightly, but its manageable........the main difference for me between being young and old, is that getting older means that you get to know yourself better as the time passes, but that is a good thing.....a lot of the pressures of being young is the fact that you have often not had that many years to fathom out just exactly who you are yet and gain many of the fresh perspectives that come with age.......but it comes, it will.... and hell, there is plenty of time and years ahead of you, and my recollections show that being older does not necessarily mean that you have look back with regret or that your inner self changes so drastically that you somehow 'lose' the greater part of the youth you were.....

....there is also no need to 'rush' getting older either, responsibility is in my opinion one of the hardest aspects of life to take on board, and it generally comes with life experience, afterall, being a tad irresponsible when your younger is a fine way to learn about being responsible, its a learning curve, a process that will take its course, and in the meantime, hang in there, try hard to let things go, be yourself and try not let anybody take that away from you or make you be anything you do not want to be.....it does all click eventually...

...apologies if this reads like a lecture, because, hand on my heart, its not....

..take care and all the best....AoO....

Thanks mate. Your response (as that of the others of course Tongue) is fully appreciated. I feel that i am not doing what i really want in the past few months. I am not living as i want. I do not know why but i hope that during  the next semester things will change.
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 12:59
The last thing a man should be worried about themselves are.. age..
Be happy.. and smile.. guys dont have to worry about menopause...

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 13:48
Hmmm - kids...

Don't get worried about age untill you have reached an age, worth to worry about LOL

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 14:32
Originally posted by Northman

Hmmm - kids...

Don't get worried about age untill you have reached an age, worth to worry about LOL

Agree Smile
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 14:59
Originally posted by cahaya

The last thing a man should be worried about themselves are.. age..
Be happy.. and smile.. guys dont have to worry about menopause...

Some become impotent. That's kind of a menopause as you can't make children that way.
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 17:48
Originally posted by Northman

Hmmm - kids...

One can be any age he/she wants. But if people know you are 60 and you bevahe like a 17, they may judge you. I want say that people want to become old to not look freak.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 20:22
Originally posted by Sparten

Whatever dude, forty! Thats positivly ancient.LOL

Not if you are an oak tree or giant red wood-
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2009 at 20:51
I am sorry to say this eagle...but you are not a tree!
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 22:53
This is the thread I post this since I couldn't find the "fathers" thread!!!
I'm forty (40) and I have a daughter! My first kid and she's a beauty*!
Aging can be soooo great!

*to be honest, to me she looks more like a beefsteak, but since it's one I've been at least part in making it....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12