Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ancient civilisations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ancient civilisations
    Posted: 31-Jan-2009 at 09:02
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2009 at 09:43
Okay, you have asked six vast questions on defining attributes of ancient history which are all extremely interesting and I'm sure that we would like to answer. I must ask you to please choose one or too or at least elaborate on what you mean.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2009 at 23:04
Originally posted by wulkul the great

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

What is the greatest ancient civilization?

Which one is the most important to the development of history?

Which one was the best in terms of culture, military power and political dominance?

Which one would you have liked to live in and why? What event would you experience? What would you do and see?

What is the defining event of ancient history?

Who are the greatest people of the ancient period and why?

The greatest ancient civilization was the Romans.

The Athenians at Salamis probably had the greatest influence on history.  Both Western and Eastern history would have been completely altered.

Culture, military power and dominance? That is a difficult one to answer but I'd go for Sparta.  It had a military power and political influence far in excess of any comparably sized state and that was entirely due to its militarized culture.

Athenian democracy is an incredibly interesting topic.  I would have liked to have experienced watching the Athenian political process.

Pyrrhic War.  The balance of power in Europe swings westwards.

The ancient Greeks in general.  In terms of literature, history, architecture, arts, politics their influence was enormous. 
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2009 at 02:45
We have preexisting threads on almost all of the "who is greatest" questions you are asking. Please do a search.

Thread locked.
 Post Reply Post Reply