Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My articles on Alans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My articles on Alans
    Posted: 20-Sep-2008 at 20:53
Originally posted by Yungsiyebu_Uriankhai

There was ever a Mongol tribe named Asud who was descended from Alans

What is the source of this claim?
Σαυρομάτης
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2008 at 21:43
don't forget Khubilai Khans Guard was Alan, do you think they dissappeared into nothingness?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2008 at 21:50
I know about that. But I'd like to get more information about this Asud tribe. Does it mean that it traces back its origins to the 13th century?
Σαυρομάτης
Yungsiyebu_Uriankhai View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Yungsiyebu_Uriankhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2008 at 04:53
In fact, the Asud was ever the most powerful tribe among eastern Mongolians after Yuan's withdrawal from Beijing, Asud's leader Arugtai Tayisi ever led eastern Mongolians struggled against western Mongolians Oriats and Ming Chinese for over 30 years. The Oriats finally defeated Arugtai Tayisi, the Asud lost their power and known as a sub-clan of the Kharchins later. During conflict between the Tsahar(Khan's tribe) and the west wing of the Mongols, the Asud was destroyed, some joined the Kharchins, and others were absorbed by the Ar Horchins and the Manchus.

The Alans and the Khipchaks were one of the most important royal guard of the Khans, they withdraw from Beijing to Mongolia following the Khan, and known as the asud and the Kharchin in Mongolia later.

Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2008 at 05:07
I see. The name of Alans from the Ancient Russian chronicles was Yas (As, Jass) the name Asug seems to be related to it.
Σαυρομάτης
Bandeirante View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Bandeirante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 16:13
An extremely rare Northern cluster of Y DNA J1 that is only found in Eastern Anatolia, in the Caucasus, in the Iranian shores of the Caspian Sea, in Belgium and in Portugal could be associated to the Alans because it's not found in any other place.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12