Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cuisines of the steppe peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cuisines of the steppe peoples
    Posted: 04-Jan-2013 at 03:19
Originally posted by Nelly

So as for mongolian cuisine um I am Mongolian myself so it's mainly meat cooked in different ways they are either roasted and we eat a lot of goat ans sheep and beef we also eat the head and they are not cooked in like a kitchen and all those nice things it's outside in the nature and we use a knife to just cut pieces of meat off and eat it we also have khuushuur and buzz which is a type of steamed and fried dumplings with meat and during the summer and spring we have milk products like dried curds and airbag which is horse milk etc we do a lot of herding and moving so I guess a little bit of cholesterol never really hurts

Sounds delightful. I would eat well in Mongolia. Sounds very much like the American Indian of the 19th ce. diet; altho they were not big on milk perse. How about fruits and berries, wild vegetables etc.? what are yours?
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2013 at 13:18
Well in a country that reaches up to -40 C you wouldn't expect many fruits to be wild just imported but some berries can be picked at some point and we have really tiny wild strawberries as for vegetables we not grow the in the spring time and during the winter more imports 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234