Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia's future?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia's future?
    Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 16:05
Originally posted by rider

By the Black Sea, Turkey and the US, if needed, and if they wanted to, could help Georgia.

Sarmat, if you say you are not taking sides, I won't believe you. Cause you are. And it's obvious.

How am I taking sides? I just was analyzing a possible Turkish reaction to a hypothetical descrimnation of Meschetian Turks in Georgia.
Σαυρομάτης
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2008 at 17:20
The majority of Kafkas emigrants to Turkey are from the 19'th century. Since they were already assimilated into Turkish society a long time ago they probably are out of touch with with Meschetians and not involved with Georgian politics. Diaspora are normally out of touch with present -day realities of their former countries anyway, no matter how many news articles they can get their hands on.  That is the case with our opinions over any matter really. Living it and reading about it are two different experiences. That being said Turkey's interests best lie in mutally beneficial bilateral discussions between her neighbors and Russia. However, how does that happen without pissing off one party or another? Close to impossible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456