Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will there be another Star Trek TV show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will there be another Star Trek TV show?
    Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 19:34

I'm hoping for a new series, but the powers to be seem more bent on movies than a series.

With Voyager making it back home from the Delta Quadrant, there's more than enough material

for the new series placed taking place there.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 20:11
I prefer the movies but hope one day they do a new series (with Quinto as Spock) set sometime after the latest film
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 20:17

I need a more even flow of my Star Trek; a tv series provides me with that and I use the movies

as a nice warm jolt.

okamido View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended, tit for tat

Quote okamido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2011 at 22:54
Originally posted by tjadams

I need a more even flow of my Star Trek; a tv series provides me with that and I use the movies

as a nice warm jolt.

There is too much money in a series to not do it again. Give it about ten years for the current batch of films run its course.

I would personally enjoy something like a scene in an episode where Worf was traveling through multiple dimensions/ enterprises. At the end, on of the enterprise ships is a total wreck, the federation is gone, and the borg were everywhere.

I think it would be interesting to see the federation collapsed after some war, and the remnants need to reestablish their ideals while overcoming the 'destructive force', whatever that may be.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2011 at 03:34
According modern world screenplays today,they have material for action game in more than one dimension and world!Take my vote for!
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2011 at 10:50

Originally posted by okamido

I think it would be interesting to see the federation collapsed after some war, and the remnants need to reestablish their ideals while overcoming the 'destructive force', whatever that may be.

Interesting idea. 

One issue with the series I constantly hear is the name Roddenberry invoked too often.

"Gene wanted...Gene wanted...Gene's vision...." Producers are afraid to veer out of the

transwarp corridor that is Roddenberry's 'vision'. I think having having the Alpha Quadrant

being in total shambles after the Dominion War would be captivating to watch. No one 

superpower, etc., maybe less powerful species could become almost the equal with the

Klingons, Romulans, Breen etc. Kind of a Wild West frontier.

Edited by tjadams - 12-Nov-2011 at 10:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12