Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scaevola View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scaevola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World
    Posted: 30-Jun-2008 at 03:03
Hello everyone, I just finished reading a book called Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford. Although my knowledge of the subject of the book, namely Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire he founded was limited beforehand, I knew enough to notice some seemingly spectacular and less somewhat slanted information in much of the book. Although wikipedia has an article on the book that chronicles a good deal of the misinformation Weatherford presents, I was wondering if anyone here had further insights to the accuracy of the book and its integrity overall as a portrait of Genghis Khan and his actual character.
SPQR| Alea Iacta Est
Tyranos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tyranos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2008 at 23:05
Not sure what he has to do with the "Making of the Modern World", they also always leave out his more able field general and strategist , Subotai.

*There's some movie called " Mongol" coming out. Maybe you would like it. 

Edited by Tyranos - 01-Jul-2008 at 23:07
 Post Reply Post Reply